Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the forum. Pick up my Pan America Special last week and am looking for any and all info on the new Harley.
I have a little over 700 miles on it so far, and am planning a short trip in the next few days. I will be riding all over Wisconsin, collecting sites in the Tour of Honor all summer event. (tourofhonor.com)

Hopefully the side cases that I ordered arrive in time

I traded in a Moto Guzzi V85TT , nice bike but it doesn't have 150HP and the dealership network is very limited.

I've been riding since the late '60s and trying not to slow down. Just did a SS1000 at the end of June on my other bike, '18 Road Glide Special with no problems.

Iron Butt Bob
TOH #174
IBA # 11458

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bike is a stock Orange special. I’ve ordered the black aluminum panniers. I was thinking about the tank bag, but a review said it obstructed part of the instrument cluster. so I’ll probably just wait on that one. Slip on muffler, not for $1,000. So I think I’m set on accessories for a while.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum @Iron Butt Bob! Congratulations on the new Pan America! How does it compare to some of the other bikes you've ridden?
I had a Yamaha super tenere, Buell Uly , suzuki 650 adventure,Moto Guzzi V85tt. All good bikes, two with drive shaft. Harley PA has more power, superior handling, mpg better than the Yamaha, close to the other two smaller engines, lighter weight vs Yamaha.

dealer network is a main concern with me. Harley dealer is 15 miles away. I have to give the PA more time, but it seems to be at the top of my list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts