Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The jiffy stand is bad off road due to possible tip over and a pain to put a separate pad down. My Africa Twin has a pad that screws on and allows the bike to stand in all kinds of dirt. Much better than stock and far better than the jiffy. So far I have not found anything like that for the PA. Does anyone know of a good attachable pad for PA?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anybody had experience with this adaptor? I was thinking of getting one but not sure if it catches on the bodywork when the jiffy stand is in the upright position? I am guessing not as Hepco & Becker seems to be a well-designed company, not that I have had any previous experience with them!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has anybody had experience with this adaptor? I was thinking of getting one but not sure if it catches on the bodywork when the jiffy stand is in the upright position? I am guessing not as Hepco & Becker seems to be a well-designed company, not that I have had any previous experience with them!
I have a similar German pad for an Africa Twin and it works great. the H&B pad should work. My PA is in storage till spring so I am going to wait to get the pad. if you get one, please let us know how it is

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a similar German pad for an Africa Twin and it works great. the H&B pad should work. My PA is in storage till spring so I am going to wait to get the pad. if you get one, please let us know how it is
I found a video (in French) of somebody installing the H&B pad. It looks like a good fit.

·
Registered
Pan America Spezial
102 Posts
Automotive fuel system Tire Automotive tire Vehicle brake Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motorcycle Motor vehicle Vehicle

Bumper Bicycle part Auto part Automotive exterior Composite material

That is how my homemade jiffy stand Looks like.
I made a cad Design and let it cut by laser.
And then i assembled it.
Works fine.
Other Designs to come

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
View attachment 316
View attachment 315
View attachment 317
That is how my homemade jiffy stand Looks like.
I made a cad Design and let it cut by laser.
And then i assembled it.
Works fine.
Other Designs to come
seems it would better if you had a cap over the top with the bolts holding that. I am interested in getting one from you next spring. Hepco&Becker has what looks like a more secure design: Kickstand enlargement for Harley Davidson Pan America (2021-) what do you think?

·
Registered
Pan America Spezial
102 Posts
My Design has 4 bolts M6 with locknuts no milling contures. The bolts clamping both plates together and the 4 bolts take the force from the side.

Compare to 3 bolts M5 ( i guess) with milling design to fit the steel plate of the jiffistand.
The bolts from HB secure that the groundplate don't get lost. Sideforce is hold by the conture of the groundplate.

I think, rated by Points , it is even.

By the way, I Designed new plates in XXL (as shown) XL and HD.
As soon I have those once I Post Pictures.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My Design has 4 bolts M6 with locknuts no milling contures. The bolts clamping both plates together and the 4 bolts take the force from the side.

Compare to 3 bolts M5 ( i guess) with milling design to fit the steel plate of the jiffistand.
The bolts from HB secure that the groundplate don't get lost. Sideforce is hold by the conture of the groundplate.

I think, rated by Points , it is even.

By the way, I Designed new plates in XXL (as shown) XL and HD.
As soon I have those once I Post Pictures.
Sounds reasonable, good explanation

1 - 11 of 11 Posts