Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
H-D PAS RA1250S Deadwood Green Spokes & ARH
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have issues with the OEM battery. 馃挬

I have recharged the fecker several times now and yet after not being used for a couple of weeks and doing accessory testing - it failed to start the bike. It did after being on charge, but feck me, it's borderline capable OEM 馃挬

I got looking at lithiium feckers and ended up going with a Noco Lithium NLP30 700A, bastid. NOCO - 700A Lithium Powersport Battery - NLP30

Cost me 拢100. More on this story, later. 馃啋

Registered
H-D PAS RA1250S Deadwood Green Spokes & ARH
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Confessions time... The correct battery is a YTX14L-BS, or equivalent lithium. The lithium battery I bought, I must keep away from eBay when drinking, is the way, I say WAY too big. :poop: It's also amazingly lightweight for its size, but would be more suited to a lawn tractor, than a motorbike. :ROFLMAO:

I refitted the original H-D battery and tightened the terminals down tight and this seems to have improved the starting of the bike and for some reason, the battery seems to retain a charge better when idle. It still needs a top-up charge more frequently than previous, not keyless, motos. I guess I just need to ride it more! 馃憤

Registered
I鈥檓 holding out for H-D to replace these weak batteries under warranty with one better suited to the higher compression of this engine. I鈥檇 say mine take 2 try鈥檚 50% of the time, and its fully charged before every ride, 鈥渨ill it start roulette鈥

Registered
I鈥檓 holding out for H-D to replace these weak batteries under warranty with one better suited to the higher compression of this engine. I鈥檇 say mine take 2 try鈥檚 50% of the time, and its fully charged before every ride, 鈥渨ill it start roulette鈥
Did you know that there is a software upgrade available to fix the bug that stops the bike starting first time? Got a call from my dealership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts