Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have installed Lonerider semi rigged saddle bags on my Pan America as well as the overlander top bag .. if you are interested in such a setup feel free to ask.

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Sky Wheel Cloud Mountain
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive tire
Cloud Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle

Note that if you would like to install the semi rigged saddle bags you would have to inform Lonerider beforehand so that they will supply you with permanent mounts that will fit on the Harley Davidson racks. Alternatively they will recommend you to get racks from a certain aftermarket brand (forgot the name) that will fit both the Pan America and the Lonerider quick release system. That being said, I personally like the permanent setup as it sheds some weight once you remove the quick release metal piece .. also there are inner bags that you can use that come with the bag which will enable you to carry your stuff with you once you leave the bike despite not being able to remove the saddle bags.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I own the exact same set-up. Couple minor differences........
I chose to buy the Touratech pannier racks. They are 18mm O.D. tubing which makes them a bit easier to adjust the Lonerider backing plate.
So far, I love them. easy on and off, tons of options to put on, and the overlander bag is great to take in to the hotel for the night,

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I own the exact same set-up. Couple minor differences........
I chose to buy the Touratech pannier racks. They are 18mm O.D. tubing which makes them a bit easier to adjust the Lonerider backing plate.
So far, I love them. easy on and off, tons of options to put on, and the overlander bag is great to take in to the hotel for the night,
The overlander is a game changer for me! Having it as a backpack makes life much easier when it comes to checking in to the hotel :)

I would assume you have the quick release system installed. How is it? I’m loving the bags even though they are permanently mounted

·
Registered
23 Posts
I really like the quick release system. Unless I am on a trip, the side bags remain in the garage. The overlander has proven to be the general, everyday bag.
Quick release are lockable to the frame and of course, the bags are lockable. I like taking them off quickly for maintenance and cleaning.
The mollie system allows many different mounting options for the other smaller bags. I keep my tool roll and chain lube in the smaller bags to keep them out of the primary bags where clothing and gear are kept.
Packing the overlander with what you need for the night is key to checking in for the night. Bag over the shoulder, helmet in hand, and I'm good to go.
In general, the quality of the materials used is far superior to most other bags I've had.
So far, so good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts