Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2021 Baja Orange / White Pan America Special
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SW-MOTECH USA left and right aluminum heel guards received and installed today, replacing the stock H-D plastic ones. Before and after photos. I wanted the R side replaced especially because behind it is the rear brake master cylinder and banjo bolt for the brake line.

They are made in GE and $$ as well lol.

GOOD: Perfect fit
Protects almost to the top of banjo bolt now.
BAD: No Locktite included so make sure ya have medium (blue).
Sharp edges everywhere, don't use a microfiber to clean 'em.
New Allen head bolts vs stock torx, but at least they are all 4 black (my 2021 had 2 black on L, 2 silver on R).

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Crankset Automotive design

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

Land vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

Automotive tire Hood Bumper Bicycle chain Automotive design

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
  • Helpful
Reactions: 71Romeo

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are nice but question. You got the A1 risers so why didn't you get the A1s protectors? Just curious.
I liked them a lot, but not their "wrinkle" paint finish (looks like someone used a spray can IMHO). They are similar to the stock, made out of steel and come up higher by the banjo bolt, and cheaper if memory serves. But, finish was a no-go for me.

· Premium Member
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
252 Posts
I liked them a lot, but not their "wrinkle" paint finish (looks like someone used a spray can IMHO). They are similar to the stock, made out of steel and come up higher by the banjo bolt, and cheaper if memory serves. But, finish was a no-go for me.
Roger that, yeah I bought em with the risers and they look just like stock. Been awhile since I bought them,

· Premium Member
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
252 Posts
Oh wow, didn't mean to end like that
Roger that, yeah I bought em with the risers and they look just like stock. Been awhile since I bought them,
Oh wow, I didn't mean to end like that...
Meant to say... Been awhile and now you got me wondering so yeah I went out and looked at them, I can see what you mean but they're not bad, guess it actually looks good cause they're not nice and smooth/glossy on an adv bike.
That's what sucks bout buying online and just looking a pictures, hard to tell. But the motechs are nice also.

· Premium Member
98 Posts
Thanks! I put this same post up over on Facebook Harley Davidson Pan America 1250 Fanatics, no one seems to care for them lol. My bike ... I like em myself.
not a fb guy but damn too many people on that page. It's not that they didn't care its that there was way to much traffic and most people never saw them. I do like those covers. Have you seen or heard stories where the stock ones got destroyed or otherwise really didn't do their job as designed?

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not a fb guy but damn too many people on that page. It's not that they didn't care its that there was way to much traffic and most people never saw them. I do like those covers. Have you seen or heard stories where the stock ones got destroyed or otherwise really didn't do their job as designed?
I have not seen or read anyone having issues with the stock ones, I just wanted better protection, especially on the brake side. I didn't like how the banjo bolt was above the stock guard either. That plastic guard is the only thing holding that brake solenoid on the bike (albeit there are alum spacers molded into the guard where the bolts go through).

· Premium Member
98 Posts
Right. I think I'll keep an eye on your rides and when you hit something or otherwise have a story to tell, I'll get some. I just got my bike and already added accessories like a maniac. I suppose I'm trying to curb that addiction so I'm coming up with reasons to hold off. 😆

Reactions: Jesse Davis

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right. I think I'll keep an eye on your rides and when you hit something or otherwise have a story to tell, I'll get some. I just got my bike and already added accessories like a maniac. I suppose I'm trying to curb that addiction so I'm coming up with reasons to hold off. 😆
Yep yep, I dropped almost a grand this past month on parts (still awaiting the engine/crash guard extensions from Pazoma). Still need a Madstad windshield, Supertrapp exhaust, and Denali CANsmart controller and their 2 rear combo running/turn/brake lights.

I do like the MadMax look of these heel guards lol.

• Love
Reactions: 71Romeo

· Registered
18 Posts
Yep yep, I dropped almost a grand this past month on parts (still awaiting the engine/crash guard extensions from Pazoma). Still need a Madstad windshield, Supertrapp exhaust, and Denali CANsmart controller and their 2 rear combo running/turn/brake lights.

As long as you like them who cares. I kinda agree with the cool, Mad Max look.

· Premium Member
98 Posts

@Jesse Davis is my favorite PAS Junkie enabler. Hell yes! I've got that MadStad shield and gps mounting rail in my cart for days and everytime I login here I'm getting just the support I need to pull the trigger. Literally it's a gun safety analogy playing out in realtime. I have practiced. I have prepared. I am pulling the trigger. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ... I mean, pretty soon I think. Plus Denali, forget about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts