Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a 2022. Love it but i got off the bike after yesterday and smelled some rubber burning. So…. Checked the header, yup. You guys think this will hold up for a 30min ride to drop off? Just used some copper sheet I had laying around.
Wheel Automotive lighting Tire Automotive tire Automotive exhaust

Automotive tire Fluid Hood Automotive lighting Alloy wheel

·
Registered
Pan america blk/orange
14 Posts
That might work.I had my hose replaced and it was in the same location that melted in the first place so I rapped a zip tie around the lower radiator mount to pull it away.the hose was back ordered until June so I called customer service and got it in a couple of days probably going to run the zip tie until they reengineer it
Hood Automotive design Automotive exhaust Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design
Hood Automotive design Automotive exhaust Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for the pictures man. I’d rather it have not contact at all.
True enough. When I bought my bike, the salesman who sold me the bike saw this issue before I took ownership and went to the senior service tech and showed him. He immediately took it to the shop, shortened the hose at the radiator connection by 3/4 inch then wrapped some heat tape around the hose at that location. Now there’s plenty of space with some added protection. Kudos to Paradise HD in Tigard, OR. They’ve been great.

Something as simple as a braided stainless hose cover would solve the issue.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Bumper

1 - 4 of 4 Posts