Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Picked up a 2022 Pan America yesterday in the sand white / fastback blue colors. Kind of sad it's so hard to get hands on luggage for the thing right now. Absolutely love the bike, just put over 100 miles on it yesterday, and love that torque feeling between 3k and 4k RPM. Sport mode is going to be a blast but don't plan to do that until the engine is broken in.

If any one has leads on the tall handlebar risers (new or used, oem or aftermarket) and luggage kits let me know. Just about to order my Camel ADV skid plate!

From Texas, been riding about 9 years now this is my 4th bike and first Harley. Plan to do Twisted Sisters again in the summer in Texas hill country, and hopefully come fall I can make the trip to Tail Of The Dragon. Looking forward to helping this community!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum @Cold! What bikes have you owned?
Any pics of your Pan America?
2014 CTX1300
2000 Superhawk
2005R6

No pics of the bike but plan to upload some after I get the Camel ADV skid plate on, the stock plate is so ugly. Also kinda disappointed in Harley they didnt make the upgraded skid plate standard on the 22' models.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on the new Pan America @Cold! Welcome! What sold you on it as your first Harley?
So I decided I wanted to go back down to a single bike, I had to replace two rear tires and a front tire within about 2 weeks of each other. (rear and front were just normal wear and tear on one bike, the other rear was a good size roofing nail I picked up). So ADV bike is where my head was, and it was between this, the Ducati Multistrada or a KTM 1290. Two things honestly sold me on the bike, and there are a few things I think Harley should of done their due diligence on but their bikes in my garage so they got the last laugh.

What sold it for me: features and custom ride modes. Ive done several iron butt rides on my CTX1300, absolutely loved the bike. But I had to install the heated grips, and using a throttle lock and trying to fine tune it at a good cruising speed to where it wouldnt drop speed proved to be tedious. Here the only thing I need to do now is really just find that sweet spot to stretch my legs out and mount some Kurakyn pegs for long distance cruising. Just tonight I finally synced my phone and headset through the bike, so now I can control my music using the thumb controls right there on the right handlebar. Super convenient.

Gripes: biggest is the $354 skid plate is not standard, availability of side luggage (plan to ride to Vegas in March for a wedding, so may just have to do a travel bag and bungie cords), also find it kind of hard to turn the cruise control on and even set it but thats just growing pains

Pic of the bike

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I decided I wanted to go back down to a single bike, I had to replace two rear tires and a front tire within about 2 weeks of each other. (rear and front were just normal wear and tear on one bike, the other rear was a good size roofing nail I picked up). So ADV bike is where my head was, and it was between this, the Ducati Multistrada or a KTM 1290. Two things honestly sold me on the bike, and there are a few things I think Harley should of done their due diligence on but their bikes in my garage so they got the last laugh.

What sold it for me: features and custom ride modes. Ive done several iron butt rides on my CTX1300, absolutely loved the bike. But I had to install the heated grips, and using a throttle lock and trying to fine tune it at a good cruising speed to where it wouldnt drop speed proved to be tedious. Here the only thing I need to do now is really just find that sweet spot to stretch my legs out and mount some Kurakyn pegs for long distance cruising. Just tonight I finally synced my phone and headset through the bike, so now I can control my music using the thumb controls right there on the right handlebar. Super convenient.

Gripes: biggest is the $354 skid plate is not standard, availability of side luggage (plan to ride to Vegas in March for a wedding, so may just have to do a travel bag and bungie cords), also find it kind of hard to turn the cruise control on and even set it but thats just growing pains

Pic of the bike

View attachment 575
Bike looks good! If your not in a rush for a skid plate I would hold out for the SW Motech one that is coming out soon... Looks very good in my opinion. Risers I recommend A1... 2" up 1" back is just the perfect fix 👌

·
Registered
2022 Pan America 1250 Special
11 Posts
Hey all,

Picked up a 2022 Pan America yesterday in the sand white / fastback blue colors. Kind of sad it's so hard to get hands on luggage for the thing right now. Absolutely love the bike, just put over 100 miles on it yesterday, and love that torque feeling between 3k and 4k RPM. Sport mode is going to be a blast but don't plan to do that until the engine is broken in.

If any one has leads on the tall handlebar risers (new or used, oem or aftermarket) and luggage kits let me know. Just about to order my Camel ADV skid plate!

From Texas, been riding about 9 years now this is my 4th bike and first Harley. Plan to do Twisted Sisters again in the summer in Texas hill country, and hopefully come fall I can make the trip to Tail Of The Dragon. Looking forward to helping this community!
Try:

They had all the luggage, racks, and accessories I needed at nice discount. I ordered on Tuesday and it all arrived on Thursday. As long as you're comfortable installing this stuff yourself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They had all the luggage, racks, and accessories I needed at nice discount. I ordered on Tuesday and it all arrived on Thursday. As long as you're comfortable installing this stuff yourself.
I called them up on I think it was Wednesday looking for the black aluminum paniers, and they were showing no stock up til June 8th is what she told me, what luggage set did you get?

·
Registered
2022 Pan America 1250 Special
11 Posts
I called them up on I think it was Wednesday looking for the black aluminum paniers, and they were showing no stock up til June 8th is what she told me, what luggage set did you get?
I bought the follow from them:

1. Black top box
2. Top box rack
3. Panniers rack
4. Tank pads.

I decided I liked these panniers better than the HD ones:

·
Registered
2021 Baja Orange / White Pan America Special
64 Posts
Welcome! The ADV Skidplate is a really great piece, you won't be disappointed. Super jealous of your riding season 🤣😎👌

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Cold
Here in Switzerland (Europe?) it is also very difficult to get the cases (side and top case) at the moment. This uncertain situation has led me to order the cases from Touratech. It's practically the same and they deliver here in
Europe within a week.
(www.touratech.de)

·
Registered
Pan America Spezial
152 Posts
Hallo Daniel, I was lately at Untereschach and visited touratech.
They make good and long lasting stuff.👍
The Service is alsow good.
I am thinking alsow about buying touratech.

Greetings from the Bodensee

1 - 20 of 22 Posts