Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
22 Pan America Special
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. New member from NC. Acquired a 2022 PAS a few weeks back. Almost went for the LowRider ST but my son had recent purchased an adventure bike so went that route so we could go off road together. Loving the PAS so far! This is my first street bike in many years. My last was a 76 SuperGlide and a V65 Magna. Have been riding since I was 6. I'm thinking my first additions will be some protection for the radiator, maybe something for the voltage regulator, and an exhaust. Have been looking at a few but would welcome recommendations.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

· Registered
79 Posts
Greetings all. New member from NC. Acquired a 2022 PAS a few weeks back. Almost went for the LowRider ST but my son had recent purchased an adventure bike so went that route so we could go off road together. Loving the PAS so far! This is my first street bike in many years. My last was a 76 SuperGlide and a V65 Magna. Have been riding since I was 6. I'm thinking my first additions will be some protection for the radiator, maybe something for the voltage regulator, and an exhaust. Have been looking at a few but would welcome recommendations.

View attachment 2086
View attachment 2085
View attachment 2084
Congratulations on your new Pan America @Jerryfrady and welcome to the forum! What's stood out to you the most about the bike so far? Also, which adventure bike did your son get?

· Registered
22 Pan America Special
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Greetings from NC as well , i actually had the Lowrider ST and went to the PAS. Best decision I ever made!! Had mine now about 2 weeks. NC has a lot of spots to adventure on .
Nice! We were in Fatalville (lol) to get my sons Tenere recently. Any good adventure spots you can share would be great. I'm originally from the mountains of NC and know a lot of areas up there but not as many in central NC. Thanks!

· Registered
22 Pan America Special
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congratulations on your new Pan America @Jerryfrady and welcome to the forum! What's stood out to you the most about the bike so far? Also, which adventure bike did your son get?
So far the engine really stands out. It's a joy to ride. It's a really good feeling bike to me overall. He got a Yamaha Tenere 700 and is loving it as well. Thanks!

· Registered
6 Posts
Welcome, I just picked my PAS at TBR in Raleigh a few weeks ago. Installed my Two Bros exhaust and A1 bar risers today. Exhaust sounds good, you can definitely hear it now. Maybe we can get together sometime and ride. I'm in Raleigh.

· Registered
22 Pan America Special
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome, I just picked my PAS at TBR in Raleigh a few weeks ago. Installed my Two Bros exhaust and A1 bar risers today. Exhaust sounds good, you can definitely hear it now. Maybe we can get together sometime and ride. I'm in Raleigh.
Well congratulations! I ended up buying mine in Durham. They had another with laced wheels and swapped them on to the black one for me. Of course they forgot to register the new wheels with the tire pressure monitor system so I'll need to take it in for that...

Would love to ride some time and hear the Two Bros exhaust. That's one I was looking at. We're out in Zebulon area.

· Registered
29 Posts
Congrats and welcome from OK. I have the same color PSA. If off-roading in the mountains be sure to turn off your tc.

I added the factory radiator protector but stayed with stock skid plate and stock exhaust. I have a 890 adv r, that’s my off-roading go-to bike, so didn’t need to upgrade the skid plate but certainly would change it if off-roading in any rocky areas. Still undecided on changing out the can. I’d go with something smaller if I did but haven’t seen anything I like just yet.

· Registered
15 Posts
Welcome from Oregon!!
Remember, the bike is the down payment for the accessories. I put on the TBR pipe as well..sounds good, no drone. Added the V2H bag rails with the Pelican vault ammo cases, Helibars risers, HD tailbag mount, and an AudioBoss radio (not the greatest, but it's tunes). I wish there was a way to bluetooth connect it to the bike.
Ride safe..enjoy your bike!!

· Registered
22 Pan America Special
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats and welcome from OK. I have the same color PSA. If off-roading in the mountains be sure to turn off your tc.

I added the factory radiator protector but stayed with stock skid plate and stock exhaust. I have a 890 adv r, that’s my off-roading go-to bike, so didn’t need to upgrade the skid plate but certainly would change it if off-roading in any rocky areas. Still undecided on changing out the can. I’d go with something smaller if I did but haven’t seen anything I like just yet.
Thanks! Agree something smaller would look better but I haven't decided yet either. I definitely need to get some protection going for the radiator though. I like the Camel skid plate since it gives more protection to the electrical down there but it's sold it currently

· Registered
2 Posts
Good choice on bike. Main upgrades that I have done include pullback risers (up 2", back 1") that really improved my riding position. For Offroad safety, I upgraded the skid to the Black Dog skid plate. Research a lot of options I decided on the Black Dog based on quality and made in the USA.

· Registered
22 Pan America Special
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good choice on bike. Main upgrades that I have done include pullback risers (up 2", back 1") that really improved my riding position. For Offroad safety, I upgraded the skid to the Black Dog skid plate. Research a lot of options I decided on the Black Dog based on quality and made in the USA.
Thanks for mentioning the Black Dog. I had not seen that one but after watching their video and looking at it I think it has moved to the top of my list. I like the mounting, extra protection, and material. Little more pricey but looks with it. All these additions are going to break the bank lol

· Registered
Chopper, Bagger, Pan Am 😁
10 Posts
Thanks! Agree something smaller would look better but I haven't decided yet either. I definitely need to get some protection going for the radiator though. I like the Camel skid plate since it gives more protection to the electrical down there but it's sold it currently
You might try Black Dog Cycle Works for a very beefy skid plate. I haven’t bolted it up yet but I received it promptly and communication was great. This is a very nice piece well thought out nice welds and its an effn beast of a skid plate.

· Registered
11 Posts

View attachment 2086
View attachment 2085
View attachment 2084
Greenville NC in the house

1 - 20 of 21 Posts