Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner

New member from Virginia

2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Leesburg Rider 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I recently traded in my 21 RGS for a 22 PAS! The primary factors were the improved economics and practicality of the Pan America, it's more comfortable and I can carry more stuff. I ride a lot - 20-30k miles a year, and the RGS just wasn't good for me after an hour or two. I live 15min from the Blue Ridge Parkway, a common road motorcycling destination, but there are also hundreds of miles of gravel and dirt service roads. I still have my 99 EVO Fatboy if I want to get my cruise (with curb appeal) on, otherwise the Pan America is just a better fit for how and where I ride.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Fuel tank

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks! I put the top case on, and will add the side panniers soon. I'll add the daymaker lights (or try and rig up a pair of BD LP6s I have laying around) and possibly a Corbin seat (love Corbin!). No other changes planned after that. It'll spend 90% of its time on payment, and the other 10 on forest roads, nothing technical. I don't anticipate needing a heavier skid plate of radiator guard.

#10 ·
I’m enjoying my 2021 PAS. It had some teething issues but they’ve been diligently resolved by The Motor Company. I highly recommend Raw Hyde off-road training (a BMW school but PAS did better (far fewer falls) than the GS’s which I attribute to the bike rather than my skills). If you’re tall I also recommend Corbin rally seat as the stock seat gets squishy and too soft for my liking after use. Best wishes and safe riding, DL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.