Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from the Midwest U.S!
I am picking up my PA tomorrow after considering both the GS1250 and PA. I ultimately decided on the PA and now am super excited. I have already read quite a few posts on this site and found the information very helpful. Once I have my PA, I plan to contribute as much as I can to the present & future of this bike and this site.

A little about me...
I have only been riding since March of this year, my beginner bike is a 2013 HD FXDC Super Glide (trading her in). I fell in love with riding and put over 5k miles in 7 months. (would have been more if not for pesky adult responsibilities 馃ぃ)
Like most riders, I long for more than just the concrete and hope the Pan America does the trick for me. I also debated waiting for the 2022 model, but just could not wait that long.....and I did not want to encounter waiting longer than the Jan/Feb ETA with all the shipping/supply issues.

I welcome any members feedback or insight on the bike, and look forward to participating in this forum!

Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
Awesome and welcome! Don't blame you for getting 2020 but kinda sucks getting it beginning of November in midwest but hey you got it and there'll be some days to ride til next year. In fact I plan on hoping on mine a day or two this and next week.
Enjoy and safe travels.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome and welcome! Don't blame you for getting 2020 but kinda sucks getting it beginning of November in midwest but hey you got it and there'll be some days to ride til next year. In fact I plan on hoping on mine a day or two this and next week.
Enjoy and safe travels.
Enjoy and safe travels.
Thanks! I have some pretty decent heated gear (PA has a built in port, yes?), so unless there is so on the ground, I am out there. Nice to virtually meet you ODGreenPA!

Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
I know there's the usb on right side ( some have said they have issues with it) and seen others installing something along them lines but not exactly sure what'd you need as I only have a heated jacket and only wore couple times.

Need to invest in some so I can extend riding season longer.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wellcome here in the Forum.
Let us see what imput you can give. I am nosi about that.
There are allready some Infos.
Thanks @Matilda!

Here are the ports under the seat circled below.

What I found is that the gear I have - Jacket, gloves, pants, socks (not Harley heated gear) is not 100% compatible with these ports. These ports were made specifically for Harley heated gear, so I cannot heat all of my gear with just one port....The tether I used with my previous bike required a higher fuse to power the entire heated "suit". So one port does not heat my whole suit, but still heats everything minus one item.

So I may need to tether something to the battery - but anyone wanting heated gear may just want to go with the Harley gear to be more "compatible" with the built in heated gear ports. How good is the Harley heated gear? no idea. Stuff I have is awesome though.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts