Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in August I went into a Harley Davidson store in Indiana and bought my husband a 2021 PAS. He use to ride and never had a Harley. Well due to a freak accident on way home with 11 miles on it, it got wrecked. Pretty much the front but 4 thousand dollars to repair. So since August we have been waiting on parts that estimated delivery has went from March, April , and now July. So I will have paid on this for 1 year while it sits in a Harley store repair shop. How can you produce a bike but not extra parts for them? We have even contacted Harley headquarters to no help. So for 20 plus thousands dollars find a different bike because if something happens you're just fucked! I definitely will never buy from them again....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Preaching to the choir here! I've been waiting on a right hand control switch for 4.5 of the 6 months I've owned the bike. I too paid cash and the MoCo does not care about you after the sale. I finally got the switch in at the stealership only to have HD weasel out of the warranty by saying it happened while off road. Ummm yeah. That's how it was marketed. Duh. Anyways I'm still in need of a passenger seat, windshield and rear view mirror. If you want to get rid of any of those items I'd be in debt to you for eternity. Especially the rear seat. Or let me borrow yours until mine comes in or yours gets back on the road. I'd pay you for it for sure. Anyways I feel your pain and at least I'm supposed to pick mine up today and it at least is still rideable. But no rear seat or windshield. Ughhhh

·
Registered
2021 Baja Orange / White Pan America Special
93 Posts
I have a rear seat and a windshield if you're still interested 👍

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still waiting on 1 part. Pushed to Nov. Which means sits in dealership garage for 14 months if it comes then and to be told they have the part but mine is not a warranty issue so i will not be getting one they have. Once you sign the sold papers they don't care!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you open a case with H-D Customer Care? If not, open one and escalate the heck out of it daily until there are parts at your dealer to fix your bike with. The parts exist and they'll pull them off the production line if they have to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I called customer care a few times. Head of parts Vince informed me that have the part they are putting it on the new ones but ours isn't a warranty issue so we will not be getting one from them, and if I continue to have my attitude he will no longer take my calls. It will be in the shop for 14 months from the new date we was given. Which keeps changing. I pay 500 a month for it to sit in my local Harley shop with 9 miles on it. It had 7 when we purchased it. I'm at a loss. Seems they sold the bike and that's all they care about.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes I called customer care a few times. Head of parts Vince informed me that have the part they are putting it on the new ones but ours isn't a warranty issue so we will not be getting one from them, and if I continue to have my attitude he will no longer take my calls. It will be in the shop for 14 months from the new date we was given. Which keeps changing. I pay 500 a month for it to sit in my local Harley shop with 9 miles on it. It had 7 when we purchased it. I'm at a loss. Seems they sold the bike and that's all they care about.
Why is it still at this particular dealer, and what is the insurance company doing about it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was a freak accident the day we bought it. It was a Saturday and no insurance yet. 4000.00 worth of parts but waiting on the upper clamp still . Was told today that they are 70 short that part for the 2022s. How can you make an off road bike and not plan on parts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It was a freak accident the day we bought it. It was a Saturday and no insurance yet. 4000.00 worth of parts but waiting on the upper clamp still . Was told today that they are 70 short that part for the 2022s. How can you make an off road bike and not plan on parts.
. how did you get it off the lot with no insurance in the first place , and warranties only cover manufactures defects

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They allowed us to had our insurance info for other vehicles and that's why they said it wasn't a warranty issue so we wasn't getting the part. They are using them for warranty issues and the new 2022 Pan Americas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts