• Sq51lacfd - #3

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Rocket - #6

Votes: 1 33.3%

November 2022 Pan America Challenge - Odometer

3K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  Rocket 
#1 ·
Tire Water Wheel Sky Vehicle

Congrats again to @NDPete and @malinois781, October's winners.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
High tech or low tech, since 1925, it's been standard on most vehicles.

For this month's challenge, show us your odometer and maybe tell us how you got some of those miles!

We do have some basic rules:
  • Unless otherwise stated, you may submit up to 5 photos
  • Photos must be posted in this thread
  • If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
  • Voting will take place the last week of the month
  • Feel free to PM me with ideas for future themes
Winners will receive:
  • One year of premium membership (no ads, focused browsing mode, and more)
  • A profile badge to show off your winner status
  • A place in the PanAmericaForums.com winner's gallery
  • Their winning photo featured on the homepage until the next contest starts
Good luck to all who enter!
~MR

See less See more
#2 ·
More than half of the miles came from my commute to work. Riding is always my first choice! The rest came from many day trips around the Gulf of Mexico with my wife. We typically take Sunday to do a ride to any cool lunch spot on the water and just take in the sights. Bike has seen 3 trips to the Ocala National Forest where there are many miles of sanctioned off road trails suitable for all types of vehicles. I find the bike to be a bit large and heavy for anything intricate but absolutely love its go anywhere touring ability. When we get caught in terrible weather conditions I've never felt more confident on any previous bike I've owned. Thank you for your consideration in this November challenge!
Car Vehicle Speedometer Gauge Automotive design
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car
Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Wheel Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

#3 ·
Shortly after taking delivery in March of 2022 of the Gray Ghost, I embarked on a mission to learn as much as possible about the PA in prep for an upcoming trip in Sept. of 2022. I had ordered it in October of 21 so I had most of the winter to order, collect and prepare to install all of the accessories I wanted.
When it arrived, I spent the better part of the month installing the Lonerider panniers , skid plate, tail box, fender extenders, etc. I practiced using the new equipment as much as possible so as not to look like a fumbling idiot out on the road.
My trip in September took me from the Midwest to Kanab Utah and back. 3864 miles to be exact. Temperatures ranges were from 101F down to 34F. Over 10 days we made stops in such places as Lincoln Nebraska, Durango Colorado, Cheyenne Wyoming, Kanab Utah, Grand Junction Colorado, and Frisco Colorado. Micro-brewery's were plentiful in the destination cities after the days long ride. Scenery was among some of the best I've seen in a few trips. National Parks ridden were Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce Canyon.
Can't say I had any mechanical issues along the way. Perhaps the only downside of the trip was getting blown around by harsh cross-winds in Nebraska. (Had the Vulcan Death Grip going on the bars for a while)
The best part? The memories with great friends and great times.
Below is a pic of the Gray Ghost outside the replica known as "the Shed" at the HD museum in Milwaukee. As I took the pic, I wondered what Bill Harley and Arthur Davidson would have thought of the Pan America. If I had to guess, they might have said 'I knew we'd get there, I just knew it.'

Motor vehicle Gauge Automotive design Vehicle Personal luxury car

Motor vehicle Gauge Automotive design Vehicle Personal luxury car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Automotive tire

#10 ·
It wasent bad today, got 15 miles in.
Tomorrow i plan on getting in some miles, ill get some pics as well! We have some beautiful riding in South East New Mexico, and some outlaw history!! ( Billy the Kid )

#14 ·
In the spirit of Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Giving Tuesday, I'm declaring all three of this month's qualifying entries winners!

Congratulations to FOURSEASONS1621, Rocket and Sq51lacfd you are November's PanAmericas of the Month!

~MR 🥳

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.