• Sq51lacfd - #3

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Rocket - #6

Votes: 1 33.3%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Shortly after taking delivery in March of 2022 of the Gray Ghost, I embarked on a mission to learn as much as possible about the PA in prep for an upcoming trip in Sept. of 2022. I had ordered it in October of 21 so I had most of the winter to order, collect and prepare to install all of the accessories I wanted.
When it arrived, I spent the better part of the month installing the Lonerider panniers , skid plate, tail box, fender extenders, etc. I practiced using the new equipment as much as possible so as not to look like a fumbling idiot out on the road.
My trip in September took me from the Midwest to Kanab Utah and back. 3864 miles to be exact. Temperatures ranges were from 101F down to 34F. Over 10 days we made stops in such places as Lincoln Nebraska, Durango Colorado, Cheyenne Wyoming, Kanab Utah, Grand Junction Colorado, and Frisco Colorado. Micro-brewery's were plentiful in the destination cities after the days long ride. Scenery was among some of the best I've seen in a few trips. National Parks ridden were Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce Canyon.
Can't say I had any mechanical issues along the way. Perhaps the only downside of the trip was getting blown around by harsh cross-winds in Nebraska. (Had the Vulcan Death Grip going on the bars for a while)
The best part? The memories with great friends and great times.
Below is a pic of the Gray Ghost outside the replica known as "the Shed" at the HD museum in Milwaukee. As I took the pic, I wondered what Bill Harley and Arthur Davidson would have thought of the Pan America. If I had to guess, they might have said 'I knew we'd get there, I just knew it.'

Motor vehicle Gauge Automotive design Vehicle Personal luxury car

Motor vehicle Gauge Automotive design Vehicle Personal luxury car
Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Automotive tire

1 - 3 of 3 Posts