Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ello all! Disgruntled PAS owner here. I've been a PA owner since they came out and had the first one in Oregon (besides dealer stock). I special ordered mine with everything I could get Deadwood Green, laced wheels ARH etc. I sold my BMW R1200GS and bought the PAS. I have owned it for 10 months and ridden it for 2. It is currently still in the shop after being pawned off from dealer to dealer with none of them having a tech with any knowledge of the bike and not a soul wanting to attempt to get educated. I have literally been treated as if I rolled a Buell into the service bay and asked for a repair. The 3rd dealership made an appointment for me and I show up the day of and the dealership sends a guy out to unload it off my truck. He's holding the rear grab handles when it starts to go over. He grabs and pulls and the grab handle broke and my bike dropped 3' on its side to a concrete pad. I was nite en offered an apology. The tech looked at it and said he couldn't repair it due to not having the parts(which I explained to them before I drove an hour to get there. Mind you I'm traveling on the road). At that point service advisor comes over and tells me I should take it to another dealer 2.5hrs away. Pissed off I load the bike and away I go. I've been dealing with Vince at customer care and what happened was I was in Sturgis riding some off road sections in the badlands after the Pan America Owners ride with Jochen Zeitz a d other owners. Well I dumped the bike. No big deal except it was at a bad lay, I was alone and it was getting dark. In trying to pick it up I over rotated the on off switch and broke it. Well HD said they won't cover it and that any occurrence happening off-road will not be covered under warranty(so make sure you tell them anything happened on road). So here I am I finally got a call saying the part has been located and the dealership it's at is supposed to call and have it shipped to them. I've left 5 voicemails over the course of 2 weeks and not a single returned call. I'm so fed up with HD that it sickens me to know I have been loyal to a brand that treats owners like shit. If this was a road glide I wouldn't be handled like this. They brag about having the fastest and best selling Adventure motorcycle in 2021 will they forget who did that for HD. that's right we did that! The owners. The ones being treated like second class citizens. I told Vince at customer care the other day that Harley-Davidson if they wanted to care about their clients and their customers they would send at least one tech from every region to a comprehensive class on how to repair the Pan America special. I told him as owners we'd rather drive the extra distance to get it in the hands of somebody factory trained who knows what they're doing. Because where we're at now we have a bunch of techs who know nothing nor do they want to know anything and an attitude from the dealerships of indifference. This bike has been the worst $23,500 I've ever spent. Buyer beware that this isn't the HD you're used to. Nope. It's a shaft and a smile and sometimes not even a smile. So here I sit wanting to ride my bike but God only knows how much it's going to cost me.

PS. Don't even get me started on the lies told to me from the president and top execs in Sturgis in reference to my effort last year to be the first person and dog to ride the Trans America Trail coast to coast on a Pan America Special. I couldn't get needed accessories for the trip then the control switch broke but I digress. Anyways I was promised the gear as HD support for my ride and the publicity that would come from me going live daily from the trail. I had sponsors lined up, chase vehicles everything needed except a motorcycle that could do the trip so it's pushed to this spring. They offered the parts and then when they rounded them up sent me a $3000 bill before they'd be shipped. I told them kiss my ass I don't even have a bike to put them on. Why do I need to dress up my most expensive piece of yard art ever? This will be the last new HD I ever buy and I'll steer as many people as I can away from the dealership.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.