Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New to the forum and will be getting a pan am. Question for California riders and European riders. How does this bike do lane splitting/filtering?

I will be living in los Angeles and will be filtering everyday but I'm concerned about the width of this bad boy. How's your experience filtering?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lane splits very easily. But I did used to lane split on an ultra limited.
With no panniers on it’s a walk in the park. The panniers I have make it about 1.1metres wide at the back. That’s about 0.1 of a metre wider than the bars so a little care is needed. For reference 0.1 of a metre is about 4 inch.

·
Registered
Pan America Spezial
102 Posts
If you riding in Milano italy you have to splitting/filtering. I was there in September and It works perfekt. Line Up behind a native rider with a Scooter and keep on running. I was not with panniers die on the Road. That made it simple. But as Nimda sayed the panniers should be at max 1 Meter then it works too.
the big Advantage is that the PAS is verry maneuverable and agile. Not to compare with a Street Glide or so.
I even feel that the PAS is more agile then my Scrambler ( sportster 883)
Fuel tank Tire Plant Sky Wheel

·
Registered
2021 Pan America Special
4 Posts
I'm in So Cal and agree with other posters, without the hard cases on, this thing is a breeze to split on. Haven't tried with the cases on, but would definitely be a slower ride. They're slightly wider than the bars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts