Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Thank's, I hope it's not valve noise since it's self adjusting valves and I only have 1500 miles on it so far, but it was a thought in my head. My first thought was chain chatter, but but did a full adjustment/inspection/lube. I'll inspect brake and wheel next time it's on center stand.
I've noticed the noise is louder in 6th gear running around 65 or 70. I'm gonna go to Harley and test another new PanAm and see if I can duplicate problem and get someone to ride mine and evaluate it. Maybe they'll be honest.
I am surprised no one else is experiencing the sewing machine noise at lower level though because I noticed it right away while testing both PanAm's before choosing this one. I have had several Harley Davidson's and own a KLR650 but still noticed sound right off. And even read other people saying it was the reason one of the first upgrades was the exhaust. It's the same noice just at a what the heck level.
I have this exact same thing going on with my bike. Did anyone ever get this figured out?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts