Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode the bike all day, went to start it up and it turned over and over, but wouldn’t fire up. Checked for codes and it showed this in the ECM category.
“CKP sensor no pulses” was what it stood for.
I waited a half an hour, and it started up fine. Anyone else experienced anything like this? Just had my thousand mile service, had to bring it back two days later, because my display and headlights were flickering and dimming. Dealership couldn’t re-create the problem, but told me there was an update that would probably take care of it, pretty frustrating. That said I love this bike.
Audio equipment Automotive tire Gadget Display device Electronic device

Automotive design Vehicle Gadget Trip computer Personal luxury car

· Premium Member
2022 Harley Davidson Pan America Special
25 Posts
Yep, ran into this on Friday. My Crank Positioning Sensor came unplugged. It's on the left side of the motor. Will upload a pic in a minute.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Rim

This was my issue, not sure if Harley knocked it loose when it was in for work, but it was barely connected and not locked into position. Or it could have been that way from the factory, like my ABS module wiring harness.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, ran into this on Friday. My Crank Positioning Sensor came unplugged. It's on the left side of the motor. Will upload a pic in a minute.

View attachment 1869
This was my issue, not sure if Harley knocked it loose when it was in for work, but it was barely connected and not locked into position. Or it could have been that way from the factory, like my ABS module wiring harness.
Awesome. Thanks!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts