Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was another thread that had phone mount conversation, but it was no the OP discussion.

I had a Quad Lock and without blocking the control panel it pointed the face of the phone at my arm since the plate has no articulation.

First off, if you have the app and setup all of the linking through the panel, you really don't need a phone. That is... when the app works 100%. I found that not to be the case so I opted to swap my CAW.CAR from my FB to the Pan and put the Quad on the FB.

There is really only on place to mount it and the is between the risers since a full turn puts the handlebars on the tank. This is not a problem on the road, but definitely and issue when doing trails and balancing with the front wheel..

The phone sits low enough that I can still see the full panel and nothing hits the bike. Works pretty good.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks good, I had mine mounted there before I put the tank bag on. Now it looks like it's going to have to go above the instrument panel. One thing about the PA, it does not seem like their is much wasted space on the bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apple has updated their information on mounting iPhones to high capacity motorcycles. Something to to do with the vibration damaging the camera.

Just something to be aware of.

Apple iPhone risk from powerful motorbike vibrations
Good info.

The iPhone's propensity to have a cracked screen just from looking at it wrong has turned me away from them for many years. I don't believe there is enough vibration to be a concern during on road travel, but I doubt I would have any phone in a mount off road, but vibration would be the least of my concern in that scenario.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Apple has updated their information on mounting iPhones to high capacity motorcycles. Something to to do with the vibration damaging the camera.

Looks like cirocyber

looks like cirocybercharger mounts may be the way to go. at least from there advertising.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks good, I had mine mounted there before I put the tank bag on. Now it looks like it's going to have to go above the instrument panel. One thing about the PA, it does not seem like their is much wasted space on the bike.
I'm hoping someone will come out with a mount to the windscreen brackets to place the phone / gps unit above the instrument panel so you don't have to move your eyes too far off the trail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts