Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
PAS RA1250S Deadwood Green Spokes & ARH
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I snapped the original rack by overloading it, not hard mind. Today I have mostly been removing that in prep for a new metal rack which should be here in a week or so. Will let you know how that goes then. (y)

Photograph White Motor vehicle Green Automotive tire

Light Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas

Tire Automotive tire White Motor vehicle Light

Tricky little bolt which lives under the top of the stop light which needs to be removed far enough to gain access, the stop light is secured with 3 bolts accessed from the top.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Grille Automotive lighting

Said bolt, you can see where it locates in the now upside down rack shown, which is now....

Automotive lighting Gas Parking meter Fender Machine

Sans grab rail and rack for now.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

Cheers, Dirtglide.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
New rack from Motea arrived super fast and not only is but looks the part, very happy and £70 well spent. I haven't bolted it down yet, just checked everything lines up correctly and the that the rear seat still fits fine, which it does. The grab rails are a located a bit lower but still fine and I won't worry about them snapping like the plastic yins previously fitted. Powder coating looks pretty good too. 🆒

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Bumper

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Hood

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the new rack fitted today and as with all things after market, care needs to be taken to line everything up correctly and tighten down evenly. I used some light oil to lubricate the bolts which bolt through and into the rear frame rails, I reused the front bolts as supplied by Givi for the pannier racks and only two of the four bolts supplied with the rack at the rear mounting points, I also used two washers on those as there is a larger recess in the mounting plate on the bike. Getting the nyloc nuts secured on the back of those took a little working out as access is really tight, used spanner to hold the nut while tightening up just so. The rack also has 4 boses prefitted for bolting stuff onto it, you can see one of the bolts located I didn't use. For the money, this rack is really impressive and is 100% solid. I'm not sure if I will add the topbox to it, but I can if I want/need to; it will support that no problem. Finished off for the day by degreasing/cleaning and lubing the chain and giving the Two Bros end can a clean up with WD40 so it's shiny once more. 🇺🇲

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior

1 - 4 of 4 Posts