Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actualy i can‘t start the bike with the FOP. Everytine i have to enter the code manuel to start the engine. First I changed the battery, without success. My harley dealer said that they didn't have that before. They have now ordered a new board. I'm curious... have any of you ever had the same problem?

·
Registered
PAS RA1250S Deadwood Green Spokes & ARH
290 Posts
Yes, sort of, the other day. I rolled the bike off the main stand without cycling the ignition on and the immobiliser seemed to kick in: signaled by alternating left / right flashing indicators it seemed; everytime I cycled the ignition to on, it flashed up with the pin enter screen briefly, then cycled off. Great... Tried a few times with same result. Then I remembered reading on here someone had the same issue and they walked far enough to make sure the key FOB was out of range of the bike and waited a few mins and it started working again.

I tried that and it didn't work either, feck! I then took the keys inside and put them inside our key safe (faraday cage)! and waited 3 mins... Tried again and it worked first time! Best cycle the ignition and start the bike before moving it at all, I'd suggest?

Can I ask, had you previously reset the pin to your own choice? I keep meaning to digout the manual and do that as I know I will need it one of these days. ☮

1 - 3 of 3 Posts