Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Harley Davidson Pan America Special
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
Just put a deposit down today on a 2022 Pan America. My wife and I are planning on doing some touring across the country.
I was curious to get some feedback on passenger comfort to ease my wife’s mind.

Previously I have owned a Lowrider and after 8-10 hours in the saddle she wasn’t to thrilled. Any input from you all would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
230 Posts
So do you know of any changes/upgrades/adds/deletes HD is doing with the 22? Just curious and can't answer your question as it's just me currently, but am curious bout 2up riding just in case. 😁

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very little info right now from the dealership.
All I know is that one of the new colors is blue and white. More like an electric blue ? New ones out in January/ February. My sales guy promised to keep me updated with any new info he gets. I’ll share as Soon as I hear anything noteworthy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’ll be picking up a PAS with ARH and laced wheels in the spring. I’ve spoken to my dealer and made them aware I want one.
The only information they have right now are the 3 colors that will be available. Black, gauntlet gray (same as the 2021 touring bike color) and blue/white.
If anyone hears of any changes, I’d like to see them posted here as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone!
Just put a deposit down today on a 2022 Pan America. My wife and I are planning on doing some touring across the country.

Previously I have owned a Lowrider and after 8-10 hours in the saddle she wasn’t to thrilled. Any input from you all would be appreciated.
Yes, dump the 8-10 hour and do 5 to 6 max. She will appreciate it. Being a passenger on the PA can be fun but you need to drop the hours.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, I have a 21 1250S. I have had about 30 or so bikes. It seems that no matter what you ride 5 hours seems to be a fair amount of time to be in the saddle. Enjoy your bike but being in the motel, socializing with friends having a beer or two or more is also very much a part of the whole bike seen.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the input. Did 8 on the Lowrider with a stock seat and my wife took up drinking bourbon. LOL She is a little apprehensive about the Pan Am until she can sit on it.
She wants an Street Glide. I want something a little lighter and more versatile.

·
Premium Member
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
230 Posts
Wow! give harley credit, they make some nice looking bikes/paint/colors.
But I'm glad I got on mine in deadwood!

Yes I'd definitely wait and look at it in person (if you are considering that color) before you buy one, I could have had the orange/white (which I do like) couple months prior to seeing green. Glad I waited.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey everyone!

Just an update: My bike came in today!
Went to the dealership and they got my bike in plus one in fastback blue/white sand.
Took my wife so she could sit on it. Passed the test! She is good to go. However, NO LACED WHEELS !!!! Which the dealership ordered both bikes with. They are telling me April maybe. I held off on the 2021 because I plan on doing off-road. Manager at the dealership told me that if I don’t plan on jumping the bike or doing serious off road that the laced wheels won’t matter. Should I hold out ? I need a little bit of input from those of you that have your PA’s already. Thanks I. Advance.

·
Registered
2022 Pan America 1250 Special
43 Posts
I don't know that the laced wheels are a deal-breaker. Of course I was looking for the cast wheels and that's what they had and those who had put down money passed on it. Either one is going to perform well in my opinion. Do you really want to wait until April (at least) to get your PAS? I'm already riding mine! :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't know that the laced wheels are a deal-breaker. Of course I was looking for the cast wheels and that's what they had and those who had put down money passed on it. Either one is going to perform well in my opinion. Do you really want to wait until April (at least) to get your PAS? I'm already riding mine! :p
I hear you. LOL . I just plan on doing a fair amount of off road riding and like the idea of having a little flex in the wheel. Have you done a lot of off road on your Pan America?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.