Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
Just put a deposit down today on a 2022 Pan America. My wife and I are planning on doing some touring across the country.
I was curious to get some feedback on passenger comfort to ease my wife’s mind.

Previously I have owned a Lowrider and after 8-10 hours in the saddle she wasn’t to thrilled. Any input from you all would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
67 Posts
So do you know of any changes/upgrades/adds/deletes HD is doing with the 22? Just curious and can't answer your question as it's just me currently, but am curious bout 2up riding just in case. 😁

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very little info right now from the dealership.
All I know is that one of the new colors is blue and white. More like an electric blue ? New ones out in January/ February. My sales guy promised to keep me updated with any new info he gets. I’ll share as Soon as I hear anything noteworthy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ll be picking up a PAS with ARH and laced wheels in the spring. I’ve spoken to my dealer and made them aware I want one.
The only information they have right now are the 3 colors that will be available. Black, gauntlet gray (same as the 2021 touring bike color) and blue/white.
If anyone hears of any changes, I’d like to see them posted here as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone!
Just put a deposit down today on a 2022 Pan America. My wife and I are planning on doing some touring across the country.
I was curious to get some feedback on passenger comfort to ease my wife’s mind.

Previously I have owned a Lowrider and after 8-10 hours in the saddle she wasn’t to thrilled. Any input from you all would be appreciated.
Yes, dump the 8-10 hour and do 5 to 6 max. She will appreciate it. Being a passenger on the PA can be fun but you need to drop the hours.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, dump the 8-10 hour and do 5 to 6 max. She will appreciate it. Being a passenger on the PA can be fun but you need to drop the hours.
Welcome to the forum @Pan Man! I definitely agree, 5-6 hours is a good number between stops on long trips. Do you have a Pan America or are you planning on getting one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, I have a 21 1250S. I have had about 30 or so bikes. It seems that no matter what you ride 5 hours seems to be a fair amount of time to be in the saddle. Enjoy your bike but being in the motel, socializing with friends having a beer or two or more is also very much a part of the whole bike seen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the input. Did 8 on the Lowrider with a stock seat and my wife took up drinking bourbon. LOL She is a little apprehensive about the Pan Am until she can sit on it.
She wants an Street Glide. I want something a little lighter and more versatile.

·
Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
67 Posts
Wow! give harley credit, they make some nice looking bikes/paint/colors.
But I'm glad I got on mine in deadwood!

Yes I'd definitely wait and look at it in person (if you are considering that color) before you buy one, I could have had the orange/white (which I do like) couple months prior to seeing green. Glad I waited.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts