Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m putting together a tool kit for my 22 PAS. Wondering what you guys are using for a rear axle wrench? It’s a 36mm nut so not really a common size as far as tooling readily available for dirt bikes. Everything I’ve found is for a HD cruiser. Best option so far seems to be an OTC wrench. Everything else seems to be cheap junk likely to break on a trip in the middle of nowhere. Options, opinions?

· Registered
Pan America Spezial
307 Posts
Hey I changed recently my tires. So I know what you need.
Go and buy a 36 mm nut with a 1/2" drive in a internet Shop. That's my advice 😃
A 1/2" ratchet or 13 mm nut to unscrew the nuts left and right.
With a tx?? (Don't know the size) open the screws from the caliber.
The rest is easy.
Good luck with your field repair

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey I changed recently my tires. So I know what you need.
Go and buy a 36 mm nut with a 1/2" drive in a internet Shop. That's my advice 😃
A 1/2" ratchet or 13 mm nut to unscrew the nuts left and right.
With a tx?? (Don't know the size) open the screws from the caliber.
The rest is easy.
Good luck with your field repair
Thanks. I’ve got a socket and ratchet @ home. Looking for an option so the rear axle nut can be loosened on the road to adjust the chain and such. Something that will fit in a tool roll.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I decide just to pick up a cheap 36mm combination wrench and cut it in half (or whatever length fits my tool roll). I’ll just pack the box end. Rear axle torque isn’t that high so that should work great on the trail.

· Premium Member
2021 Baja Orange / White Pan America Special
138 Posts
Hey, now there’s the best reply I’ve read all month 😊 I’ve got that oil filter socket sitting in my tool chest, and didn’t even link that together. Thanks 👍
Hahahahahaha, you're welcome! That's how I found it too, trying to find the right damn socket.... Then hey, what about this socket I have and never use.... 🤣🤷🏼‍♂️

1 - 15 of 15 Posts