Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Definitely a newbie question but the PAS came standard with cast wheels, (like what's on my bike), correct? And the "laced"/spoked were the optional "upgrade" for 500$, correct?
I got to caught up in the actual buying process and excitement of the PA I didn't pay attention to costs sheet and I think dealer may have(need to confirm) charged me extra tho I did not get spoked wheels.
Yeah I know, stupid mistake but hey I got $$ burning holes in my pockets!馃槀馃ぃ馃槄

Thanks

Registered
You are correct the spoke wheels were a $500.00 up grade. I do not really think the dealers had much say in what they got shipped or it just might have been ignorance or worse. I had a deposit on the first bike received at my local T-Shirt dealer. When the first bike came in, a orange cream sickle Special ARH and W/W. I passed on the bike when they finally showed me the price. I told theme to give me a call when the luster had worn off and they had take their heads out of their asses. Two weeks or so later they called and offered me the exact same bike as the last one with a price I could stomach. Went down to pick up the bike and it had cast wheels on it. The manager could not understand how that could have happened. because he ordered 4 of the exact same bike. They wanted to get the deal done that day, so they said they would have spoke wheels in a couple of weeks for me. I was able to spend a some time with cast wheels and wire wheels, the cast wheels give much better feed back than the spokes for the street. I don't know if they were telling me the truth, but dealing with HD dealers suck!

Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct the spoke wheels were a $500.00 up grade. I do not really think the dealers had much say in what they got shipped or it just might have been ignorance or worse. I had a deposit on the first bike received at my local T-Shirt dealer. When the first bike came in, a orange cream sickle Special ARH and W/W. I passed on the bike when they finally showed me the price. I told theme to give me a call when the luster had worn off and they had take their heads out of their asses. Two weeks or so later they called and offered me the exact same bike as the last one with a price I could stomach. Went down to pick up the bike and it had cast wheels on it. The manager could not understand how that could have happened. because he ordered 4 of the exact same bike. They wanted to get the deal done that day, so they said they would have spoke wheels in a couple of weeks for me. I was able to spend a some time with cast wheels and wire wheels, the cast wheels give much better feed back than the spokes for the street. I don't know if they were telling me the truth, but dealing with HD dealers suck!
Understand, as I've said other posts. I'm personally not too concerned over which rims I have, I don't see me getting crazy where I bust a rim and wish it was laced/spoked! But my issue is, don't charge me for sumtin I didn't get/receive!
thanks for reply/input, now I need to confirm and go from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts