Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Definitely a newbie question but the PAS came standard with cast wheels, (like what's on my bike), correct? And the "laced"/spoked were the optional "upgrade" for 500$, correct?
I got to caught up in the actual buying process and excitement of the PA I didn't pay attention to costs sheet and I think dealer may have(need to confirm) charged me extra tho I did not get spoked wheels.
Yeah I know, stupid mistake but hey I got $$ burning holes in my pockets!😂🤣😅

Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
You are correct the spoke wheels were a $500.00 up grade. I do not really think the dealers had much say in what they got shipped or it just might have been ignorance or worse. I had a deposit on the first bike received at my local T-Shirt dealer. When the first bike came in, a orange cream sickle Special ARH and W/W. I passed on the bike when they finally showed me the price. I told theme to give me a call when the luster had worn off and they had take their heads out of their asses. Two weeks or so later they called and offered me the exact same bike as the last one with a price I could stomach. Went down to pick up the bike and it had cast wheels on it. The manager could not understand how that could have happened. because he ordered 4 of the exact same bike. They wanted to get the deal done that day, so they said they would have spoke wheels in a couple of weeks for me. I was able to spend a some time with cast wheels and wire wheels, the cast wheels give much better feed back than the spokes for the street. I don't know if they were telling me the truth, but dealing with HD dealers suck!

·
Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct the spoke wheels were a $500.00 up grade. I do not really think the dealers had much say in what they got shipped or it just might have been ignorance or worse. I had a deposit on the first bike received at my local T-Shirt dealer. When the first bike came in, a orange cream sickle Special ARH and W/W. I passed on the bike when they finally showed me the price. I told theme to give me a call when the luster had worn off and they had take their heads out of their asses. Two weeks or so later they called and offered me the exact same bike as the last one with a price I could stomach. Went down to pick up the bike and it had cast wheels on it. The manager could not understand how that could have happened. because he ordered 4 of the exact same bike. They wanted to get the deal done that day, so they said they would have spoke wheels in a couple of weeks for me. I was able to spend a some time with cast wheels and wire wheels, the cast wheels give much better feed back than the spokes for the street. I don't know if they were telling me the truth, but dealing with HD dealers suck!
Understand, as I've said other posts. I'm personally not too concerned over which rims I have, I don't see me getting crazy where I bust a rim and wish it was laced/spoked! But my issue is, don't charge me for sumtin I didn't get/receive!
thanks for reply/input, now I need to confirm and go from there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Understand, as I've said other posts. I'm personally not too concerned over which rims I have, I don't see me getting crazy where I bust a rim and wish it was laced/spoked! But my issue is, don't charge me for sumtin I didn't get/receive!
thanks for reply/input, now I need to confirm and go from there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've never been a fan of spokes so was happy with the cast wheels that came on the PA. I've lived in Alaska for 45 years and have bought 10 bikes over the years. Lately I've been snowbirding it and spend a few winter months in AZ. Have had a hankering for a PA so put some feelers out for a gray one with the lowering feature. Got a call from Desert Winds HD that had just what I wanted. After several calls they would not quote me a price which should have been a red flag for me but like I said had the itch. I told them I had a credit card and an out of state bank check book. Said no problem, come on down and we would make it work. Was the bike I wanted but couldn't ride it because of a hip surgery I had had the week before. We haggled on the price and I paid 1k more then I told myself to pay. Time to pay and they say no way on the check. I had a recording saying they would. Should have walked but dumb me I didn't. Told them to keep the bike till it cleared. Then they give me the sales pitch on the extras I could buy with the VIP experience. Turned down some but got sucked in on a three year maintenance contract, the finance guy telling how much the services cost and that they had 11 dealerships in the country where I could get this service. It was three grand and like a dumb ass I signed the dotted line. Well being the genius I am I ended up financing it with them telling me I could pay it off next week. Well had to make two payments because they would not accept a one payment deal. Was told 4.99% but it was 10% and was charged 7+$ a day interest plus the 3k maintenance contract was tacked on. I was pissed and read the fine print where it says the 3k is non refundable. I looked up where their dealerships were and they were the only one within a thousand mile radius and most were on the east coast where I never roam..WILL not deal with this outfit ever again when trying to buy a new bike. My previous new bike purchases were in AK and it was always a fun time with no hassles. N O MORE Desert Winds for me unless all the bitching I did they drop the service contract. Dealers sometimes suck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have to eat crow today. I've been bitching about the service I was getting from Desert Winds HD. Yesterday the head honcho called and everything got straitened out. I will go about buying how I always do and should have done this time but let passion get the best of me and did it their way. Anyway I want to give a shout out to Don for working with me and making me feel better about the deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts