Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just attended the Intro to Adventure Course and, subsequently, the Base Camp Alpha tour with RawHyde Adventures (RawHyde Adventures | Official BMW Off-Road Motorcycle Training Facility). The outfit is an official training center for BMW but Harley Davidson actually partnered with them to test the original Pan America pre-prod bike. I had the option to either rent a R1200 GS/GSA from them or bring my 22'PAS. I HAD a 2016 R1200 GS that I actually traded in for my PAS so I wanted nothing to do with the GS. There were 2 PAS there in a class of 16 and then a tour of 11. The PAS didn't skip a beat. They took on the hardest challenges and kept up with the GS'. There are a couple of slightly annoying things on the PAS that I think may be attributed more to me not knowing how to set up the bike rather than the bike, like, I had to manually turn off the ABS every time I turned the bike off. It apparently doesn't do it automatically when it is on off-road+ mode. Overall, I would highly recommend the classes for any of you that got an adventure bike but do not have experience handling a 530+lbs bike on a non-paved road.
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

· Premium Member
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
253 Posts
I just attended the Intro to Adventure Course and, subsequently, the Base Camp Alpha tour with RawHyde Adventures (RawHyde Adventures | Official BMW Off-Road Motorcycle Training Facility). The outfit is an official training center for BMW but Harley Davidson actually partnered with them to test the original Pan America pre-prod bike. I had the option to either rent a R1200 GS/GSA from them or bring my 22'PAS. I HAD a 2016 R1200 GS that I actually traded in for my PAS so I wanted nothing to do with the GS. There were 2 PAS there in a class of 16 and then a tour of 11. The PAS didn't skip a beat. They took on the hardest challenges and kept up with the GS'. There are a couple of slightly annoying things on the PAS that I think may be attributed more to me not knowing how to set up the bike rather than the bike, like, I had to manually turn off the ABS every time I turned the bike off. It apparently doesn't do it automatically when it is on off-road+ mode. Overall, I would highly recommend the classes for any of you that got an adventure bike but do not have experience handling a 530+lbs bike on a non-paved road. View attachment 1704
That sure sounds like something I would love and benefit from, however I don't see me making it cause of their locations. Need to look for one little closer to me.

I just rode first 4 sections of MABDR and after that I'm sure I'd benefit from a course like that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts