Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took a little ride today and was in a little hurry as I had to get home and get ready for work and I was gonna ride to work today so didn't put in garage. It has rained quite a bit last several days and ground was soft (I'm sure you see where this is goin) but the ex put some patio bricks from back porch to front. I normally put side stand down on one of them (many times before) but did I say little hurry and I did it on the soft grass/ground.

PSA: don't be a bonehead, make sure bike/stand is on solid ground before you leave her or she will fall over! 😢 Get scars from something else besides that. Yeah I know and feel the same....What a Dumba$$!

Side note, the break away on clutch handle works (hope I don't find out if brake handle works)😁but they need something for the mirror. Mirror is still attached but does need replacing.

Oh bike tad heavy when first getting it off ground but gets "lighter" as it goes up.

·
Registered
Pan America Spezial
254 Posts
Check this

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just use a plastic pad 4x2 inches. No problems on soft ground or sand. Just need to have it ready before hand. I normally keep it in one of the jacket or pant pockets.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Took a little ride today and was in a little hurry as I had to get home and get ready for work and I was gonna ride to work today so didn't put in garage. It has rained quite a bit last several days and ground was soft (I'm sure you see where this is goin) but the ex put some patio bricks from back porch to front. I normally put side stand down on one of them (many times before) but did I say little hurry and I did it on the soft grass/ground.

PSA: don't be a bonehead, make sure bike/stand is on solid ground before you leave her or she will fall over! 😢 Get scars from something else besides that. Yeah I know and feel the same....What a Dumba$$!

Side note, the break away on clutch handle works (hope I don't find out if brake handle works)😁but they need something for the mirror. Mirror is still attached but does need replacing.

Oh bike tad heavy when first getting it off ground but gets "lighter" as it goes up.
Been there done that 🤣🤙🏼

·
Registered
2021 Baja Orange / White Pan America Special
93 Posts
Personally, I DO NOT like how much the bike leans with the side stand. Even a little deflection in the ground and it looks like it would go over. I may be paranoid, but it just doesn't look right to me. I always use the centre stand.....

Reactions: JRSherman
1 - 15 of 15 Posts