Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In about 2 weeks I'm taking my bike on a camping trip and I have yet to buy any sort of luggage for it. I was trying to hold out to get the H-D aluminum panniers but I'm not gonna be able to afford those, let alone get them in time before I leave. Do y'all have any recommendations for cheaper sub-$200 saddlebags I could get preferably off Amazon, CycleGear, or Revzilla? Pictures would be greatly appreciated if any of you have tried some of them out!
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
101 Posts
I’ve camped on multiple long duration trips with just a dry bag on the pillion. I’ve travelled for decades this way, and I personally don’t like panniers. For my trips, long duration means 5,000+ miles. IMO, pack light and smart. Keep the bike narrow. It’s easy to get caught up in the hype of excessive gear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use a Giant Loop Diablo Tank bag and their 45L Tillamook dry bag. Works great! I did UL backpacking for a number of years, so I consider myself to have extra room for luxuries. If you want pics or more descriptions of how/what I pack just let me know!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Going to agree with Teglas, the Motech bag is a great quality top bag for damn near any bike. A second suggestion might me a Mosko horseshoe type soft bag. Drifter is right, pack light. At the end of the day, if you really need it along the way, you can buy it, even if its an extra pair of socks!! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts