Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Pan America Special
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Along with the HeliBar bar risers I have added a Saddlemen seat. Much flatter in my opinion than the stock one. I am 5.7 30 inch inseam 150 lbs- and hit the ground at the same spot as the stock seat in the low position. I can only fit it in the "top" slot.
The seat is cut narrow in the front-that helps. A bit firm but all Saddlemen seats start that way. They do break in well. May not be a good fit for someone a lot bigger and or heavier as the seat is narrow.
With the bar risers the pressure on my sitting bones is much more spread out as I sit way more upright, in fact I am perfectly upright. One thing I do like is that the seat does not put pressure under my thighs as wide seats do- as in my Mustang wide solo on my Dyna.
The stock seat just seamed to push me forward, I will probably try it with the bar risers just to test and will report back.

Cheers,
Tom

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I just got mine today, I'm 170lbs 5'10" for reference. The seat is very narrow (which I prefer) it is not a soft squishy type of seat more of a sport seat. All that being said it is comfortable but if your looking for a soft cozier kind of seat this ones probably not it. Im actually using this seat over the sundowner for all if those exact reasons. BTW the Sundowner seat I just took off is in the market place here if you have any interest in that type of seat.

·
Registered
2022 Pan America Special
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That looks sweet especially with the blue. Mine is black it was all they had.\\
Anyways, whats your thoughts on a big guy like me at six one @230 pounds?
Do you have a passenger at times if so what are their reviews of the new seat?
I agree with Fourseasons assessment seat is firm and narrow, but I tend to get sore spots under my thighs if a seat is too wide. So I like the seat so far. I did have hot spots on my sitting bones before the riser install- 2up 2 back Heli Bar- now more comfortable. BTW I am 5'7 150 lbs so a narrow seat also helps with ground reach.
Probably will never have a passenger.
Always looking for Central Florida riding buddies.
Cheers,
Tom

·
Registered
2022 Pan America Special
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just got mine today, I'm 170lbs 5'10" for reference. The seat is very narrow (which I prefer) it is not a soft squishy type of seat more of a sport seat. All that being said it is comfortable but if your looking for a soft cozier kind of seat this ones probably not it. Im actually using this seat over the sundowner for all if those exact reasons. BTW the Sundowner seat I just took off is in the market place here if you have any interest in that type of seat.
That was fast.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Just did a 450 mile trip on the Saddlemen seat and all I can say is ouch haha. Hopeful it gets softer as it ages. I did also notice it seamed waterlogged after about 60 miles in the rain when I lifted it to access the compartment underneath I noticed a decent increase in the weight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts