Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you lost your KeyFob or whatever and need to start bike, How does one go about getting the code? No I haven't lost mine (hope I never do) just trying to be little proactive and No I haven't read the manual, well because it requires reading the instructions/manual and I am a male! why I'm at it I'll ask for directions too.馃榿 Obviously, if it's in there and get no replies guess I'm gonna read manual but thought I'd try this route first.

Registered
Couple of YouTubes in addition to the Owner's Manual. Factory setting is 1-1-1-1-1. Can change via touch screen or LHC. Any 5 number combo works, but no "0"s for some reason. Good to have if the fob battery dies or you have IR interference. I changed mine because I didn't like the idea of a 'mope walking up and entering the factory setting and riding off on my new motorcycle. . .

Paul

Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Roger that and yeah good idea. I thought bout internet search but since this is a forum thought I'd utilize it first. Thanks again.

Registered
First thing I do on all the Harleys I have owned is change the code, I cannot understand anyone that leaves it at factory numbers. I was at a bike meet when I saw a group round a highly modified Harley having trouble to start it, I asked what's the problem fob not working, so I put on the factory code and started the bike, they were all shocked I checked several of their bikes and started about four of them no trouble, needless to say I showed th how to change their numbers. Read the manual its worth it.

Registered
On mine the default code was 2-2-2-2-2. Maybe it鈥檚 a regional thing.

Also, the touchscreen isn鈥檛 the best way to enter the code -you really gotta stab it with your finger and often your input won鈥檛 register in time before it cuts power in the absence of the fob.

The best way to enter your PIN code is with the turn signal switch. LEFT click increments the selected number from 1-9. RIGHT click will cycle to the next numeral. RIGHT click again after the last numeral is entered to 鈥渆nter鈥 the code. If you mess up, cycle power and start over.

Don鈥檛 ask me how I know all this 馃槆

1 - 5 of 5 Posts