Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I filled up at a gas station, went to start the bike and nothing happened. It cycled everything ok, but when I hit the starter button, nothing. I kept trying, almost ready to call the dealer, then it started right up. Never a problem since then either.

The cure, (hopefully) is to hit the starter once and release. Don't hold the button down until the bike starts. Sounds strange , but it works.

Anyone else experience this?.

·
Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
47 Posts
Recently I filled up at a gas station, went to start the bike and nothing happened. It cycled everything ok, but when I hit the starter button, nothing. I kept trying, almost ready to call the dealer, then it started right up. Never a problem since then either.

The cure, (hopefully) is to hit the starter once and release. Don't hold the button down until the bike starts. Sounds strange , but it works.

Anyone else experience this?.

·
Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
47 Posts
Stoopid phone/app😀... Anyways, not exactly but mine has "bogged/strained" down couple times but it started and noticed the battery dropped down to 9ish. Not sure if I had the start button mashed or not when it bogged down but will take your advice and just press it going forward.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pressing the button once and briefly definitely does not work for the Europe models. I tried that and it failed to start and threw up many fault codes and the engine check light. It eventually reset but I hold the button till it starts now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anche io ho riscontrato problemi all'accensione della moto. Per non incorrere in questo problema, prima di accenderla la metto in folle (N) e con la frizione rilasciata.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts