Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got off my rear and installed the Camel ADV Gut Guard, Madstad Windshield, Radiator Guard and Headlight Guard.

I found the display mount with the Madstad was more challenging than I expected. I had to drill out the holes so the screw would go through without tapping it. Just FYI. Bore them out a little, otherwise the screw starts creating new threads.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I finally got off my rear and installed the Camel ADV Gut Guard, Madstad Windshield, Radiator Guard and Headlight Guard.

I found the display mount with the Madstad was more challenging than I expected. I had to drill out the holes so the screw would go through without tapping it. Just FYI. Bore them out a little, otherwise the screw starts creating new threads.

Very mean looking in black, Ron. (y)
The darker shield and black Gut Guard definitely made it a different looking bike. I am digging it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Ron, looks awesome….I‘ve got a very similar setup myself (added a Corbin seat, too). Quick question : after installing the Madstad, any problems with the handguards (mine are colliding with the screen..)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Ron, looks awesome….I‘ve got a very similar setup myself (added a Corbin seat, too). Quick question : after installing the Madstad, any problems with the handguards (mine are colliding with the screen..)
I have not rode more than around the block since the install due to weather that rolled in here. I did not notice any issues on my short trek. Once the ice thaws, I will get it out and do some parking lot turns to see if I notice anything.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have not rode more than around the block since the install due to weather that rolled in here. I did not notice any issues on my short trek. Once the ice thaws, I will get it out and do some parking lot turns to see if I notice anything.
I popped out to the garage and full left or right does touch the shield, but I don't think it will be a normal issue. I could see this being a major issue for anyone doing some serious offroading. Maybe even tight switchbacks. Not sure how much impact that would be since it does just seem like a touch and it does not seem to stress the guards or shield. .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts