Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New front peg kit (EVO version) from SWMotech just installed.There ate another different kit too front SWMotech. Here showed at the lower position with one click turned to front (you can choose up and down position and independ adjust the inclination of the peg).
Ar top position SW says is the same as original. You can rotate for 15mm around a circle.

My opinion: only more confort given because bigger surface peg. I was looking for a down repositioned of the peg but with these pegs is barely noticeable the max allowable sey to down.

I will go on looking for another makers to find a real solution for repositioning at lower setup the pegs of the PA, my principal problem with this bike.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you saying that you want the pegs lower to the ground or the flat surface sloped more to the front like a race rear sets?
I would like lower and more advanced positioned pegs.
Sorry, but for me the PA peg position is horrible. Very bad desing flaw.
Previous Africa Twin 1100 better, or the best in positioned the pegs, my ex-790Adventure R.
Really, I don't what the hell Mr Harley was thinking when was done the ergonomics desing. Probably, the engineers are too young (and cheap workers) to understand about ergo or age. Bad for HD.

·
Registered
2021 Baja Orange / White Pan America Special
93 Posts
My dealership makes their own, powdercoated in silver or black. I like the extra size of them for when I'm standing...
Audio equipment Electrical wiring Gas Auto part Electrical supply

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dealership makes their own, powdercoated in silver or black. I like the extra size of them for when I'm standing... View attachment 547
Really big.

I only need repositioning peg on my PA, because my knee and hip problems (age combined with old sports injuries), and usually I ride my PA for commuting in heavy or stopped traffic everyday. Too big peg would interfere with my shoes for sure, worse in dense traffic.

Really, I have read about marketing from press and the first focused customer been a previous HD owner, PA will be the second or third bike in his stable, and not too young...so problems with knee will be usual.
With this in mind, I can not understand why pegs aren't at better position, or the too far positioned handlebar.
Cheers!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Agree with the bars too.... I've also installed Rox risers which helped a lot....
The big problem is trying to make a bike fit everyone. Can't really blame them for that, that's why cars come with 10+ way adjustable seats, power pedals, and tilt steering.... Unfortunately bikes can only do that by swapping parts🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
+1. Only for info: KTM 1290 has two position adjustable pegs from factory. And a more clean design of this zone allowing more different options for interchange pegs and a more robust assy.
PA is a superb bike. But these design flaw, and others like the sidestand "special ", handlebar too far positioned, the problem with the confusing central cornering light with the oncoming traffic, the HD app disaster, the a bit inclined to the front of the rider seat and without heating option, the very small numbers in display, no quickshifter available... are all minor defects to a very very good bike that Harley could work for the future and update via accesories and Screamin parts (I would like get updates soon, before next summer but...jajaja).
All this defects but... I love my PA.

·
Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
187 Posts
Agree with some of your points especially the last one!😁
However, you forgot one as have I until I watched video dirtglide posted bout the updates/changes in the 22 lineup...

Hill/brake Assist way too short! That's not even enough time to adjust frank n beans,😂 before it ends.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hahaha totally with you on the Hill start. It should just stay engaged until it sees throttle input.... That should be an easy software fix though.
It's not perfect, but it's a damn solid 1st year effort, and like everything else, there will be improvements as the model years progress.....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Absolutely!!
Hill assist engaged time is too short. I think the same, better wait until input of the throttle or brake again would be perfect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts