Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Remove seats, under riders seat you see two connectors, the one you want ends in a blank, see picture. View attachment 117

Unclip that from its holder by pushing down and towards the rear of the bike.

View attachment 118

Here you can see how it is secured. Now you can remove the blank cover exposing the actual connector, bingo!

View attachment 119

Three wires here; red is live, black is earth.

View attachment 123

With ignition on; provides 12v switched & fused live.

View attachment 121

And with ignition off.

View attachment 122

I just need to find a matching connector - anyone know where I can find one? Is it a standard Harley item?

Hope this helps and was pleased I didn't have to go looking under the fuel tank.
Remove seats, under riders seat you see two connectors, the one you want ends in a blank, see picture. View attachment 117

Unclip that from its holder by pushing down and towards the rear of the bike.

View attachment 118

Here you can see how it is secured. Now you can remove the blank cover exposing the actual connector, bingo!

View attachment 119

Three wires here; red is live, black is earth.

View attachment 123

With ignition on; provides 12v switched & fused live.

View attachment 121

And with ignition off.

View attachment 122

I just need to find a matching connector - anyone know where I can find one? Is it a standard Harley item?

Hope this helps and was pleased I didn't have to go looking under the fuel tank.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The more I look at this the more I think; I just need to remove the OE connector altogether and replace with a universal waterproof automotive type connector. Why complicate things with proprietary BS! It's a dead simple 3 wire connector that's required.

·
Registered
25 Posts
For those interested in the connections and the connector - here's a link for the Molex connector kit (terminals and seals) @ around £1.30
I was looking through the wiring diagrams when i found the PAC connector and wondered what it was..
PAC connection

Also for interest sake here's a link to the thread on the heated gear connectors - I wondered what the Amp rating was.. and looked that up on the wiring diagram:
Power rating for Heated gear outputs under the seat...

best
Stephan

·
Registered
PAS RA1250S Deadwood Green Spokes & ARH
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Right, v.1 loom worked, but would likely not be reliable in the longterm as it had too many joins and therefore weak links. I've blown the budget and lashed out £79.99 on this tech, from Healtech. See here -

Will still need a slight mod as direct battery connection won't apply. Will just be tapping into the bikes switch live as seen on v.1. Provides upto 16amp via 5 connections, with USB being optional, as is 32amp. Should be reliable as a reliable fecker and safe! / workshop approved. V.2 up next. 🆒
This was how this worked out, hope this helps someone else.

Yellow is Healtech Thunderbox, green is onbike DVR, white is barely noticeable tap into the switched live. Quite proud of that. It's a great bit of kit which is designed to work with direct connection to the bikes battery, that's not practical on the PA, so anyway, it works perfectly from a switched live connection; only powers the connected accessories after the motor has started and 14v is available from the stator. With a click, I can disconnect or add accessories up to 32amp, the bikes electrical systems are fully protected against electrical faults from said connected accessories, power is simply cut and won't be applied while a fault remains. Brilliant and largely foolproof. ☮

Light Line Auto part Engineering Cable

·
Registered
6 Posts
This was how this worked out, hope this helps someone else.

Yellow is Healtech Thunderbox, green is onbike DVR, white is barely noticeable tap into the switched live. Quite proud of that. It's a great bit of kit which is designed to work with direct connection to the bikes battery, that's not practical on the PA, so anyway, it works perfectly from a switched live connection; only powers the connected accessories after the motor has started and 14v is available from the stator. With a click, I can disconnect or add accessories up to 32amp, the bikes electrical systems are fully protected against electrical faults from said connected accessories, power is simply cut and won't be applied while a fault remains. Brilliant and largely foolproof. ☮

View attachment 1247
Just for clarification, I assume you had to connect the Thunderbox to the battery terminals, then you connected to white wire to switched power. Is that correct?

·
Registered
PAS RA1250S Deadwood Green Spokes & ARH
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Just for clarification, I assume you had to connect the Thunderbox to the battery terminals, then you connected to white wire to switched power. Is that correct?
No, it's just connected to the switched live in my case - I used the switched positive and negative from the loom which is provided for the HD daylighters. Works well as the Thunderbox delays supplying power to the accs until the motor is running. HTH. Dirtglide.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts