Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
H-D PAS RA1250S Deadwood Green Spokes & ARH
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  1. Side (jiffy) stand will not fold away after you have the bike up on the mainstand - you need to fold that away, first!
  2. Sidestand down warning on the dash! This only appears when the bike is in gear - engage neutral and it is gone John and you can interact with the bike, change settings, hit play on your AC/DC playlist 馃
  3. Engage Transport Mode - hold down highbeam flash and indicate/turn left switch, power on ignition at the kill switch, then power off while continuing to hold headlamp flasher and left indicator. Screen should go dark then display a PA in the back of a van/truck on the display. This is a kind of deep sleep mode for the bike where it won't be constantly searching for a key fob. Great battery saver! and security consideration too.
  4. Change the display from white to dark. Hold the home button down until it changes. Hold down to change back again. I'm more of a dark screen widgetless kinda guy. (y)
  5. Accessory mode! Hold down the trip meter button and keep it held down with the bike switched off at kill switch. The clocks will flash up clock and trip and then as if by magic, the bike will power up, as long as the fob is in range. Even if it's not, it will display the pin screen to enable the bike to be started without a fob being present. I have security concerns about this, but understand it might be a handy back up where lost, broken faulty key fob, or just interference may be an issue. I also understand that for the US, home market, this is common place and has been since the 80's. So suck that right up, limy! :ROFLMAO: That's all I can think of for now. Over & out. Dirtglide.

Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
馃憤馃憤

For me:
Couple things you mentioned, jiffy stand and center, and to get on center stand it's not muscles.

Still getting use to the clutch as it is different, can't believe how many times I kilt her but never on my RK. (ok once when I thought I was in neutral)

When I say go, she goooooes especially in sport mode.

That I really like this type of bike/riding, i still love the RK/cruiser but this has really grown on me.

I can still hear outta my right ear after a good day of riding.

What I got off top my head. 鉁

Registered
Best custom mode for me is S everything with engine braking -1. Lowering engine braking makes coasting/decelerating much smoother.

Registered
H-D PAS RA1250S Deadwood Green Spokes & ARH
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I find the sport mode throttle response too snatchy, on/off - much better dialed back to -1 in a custom mode, with fuel map to sport, suspension to balanced, or comfort, and just put up with the slight lack of quite enough rebound damping on higher speed bumps.

Stability and grunt are this bikes ace cards. Confidence inspiring, it just needs a firmer hand on the tighter turns & swichbacks, which given its kerb weight is to be expected. Oh yeah, that and the fact that the clock is shyte/always at the wrong time, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts