Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good engine, for sure but....not soul in.

Let's see its reliability over the miles and time...

And a good and very important plus: NO valve check !!.

And a minus: soft and exposed bottom around the oil drainage hole. Very easy to get a bad and expensive damage. Critical in Sporster S.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow ! Kique " no soul " is spot on. I am not going to denigrate the PAS because it's a bike competitively priced with many assets but after owning one for two months I decided it had no soul and decided to sell it.

·
Registered
PAS RA1250S Deadwood Green Spokes & ARH
241 Posts
Strongly disagree, the Dirtglide motor has heart & soul delivered in a pleasingly engaging manner. This is also a great insight into the revolution max motor which I'm glad to share. Harley-Davidson Revolution Max 1,250cc V-Twin, Liquid-Cooled Engine

We're so lucky to be around for the peak/llast hurrah of the internal combustion engine, as from here in it's all downhill in terms of ever increasing emissions legislation and prohibition of modifications.

As Mr Heston said. From my cold dead hands! 🏍

·
Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
187 Posts
Strongly disagree, the Dirtglide motor has heart & soul delivered in a pleasingly engaging manner.
Glad I'm not the only one that was thinkin that.... Granted I'm just a guy that enjoys riding and got no racing/mechanical background or owned very many but I'm really impressed and love my PA.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Strongly disagree, the Dirtglide motor has heart & soul delivered in a pleasingly engaging manner. This is also a great insight into the revolution max motor which I'm glad to share. Harley-Davidson Revolution Max 1,250cc V-Twin, Liquid-Cooled Engine

We're so lucky to be around for the peak/llast hurrah of the internal combustion engine, as from here in it's all downhill in terms of ever increasing emissions legislation and prohibition of modifications.

As Mr Heston said. From my cold dead hands! 🏍
Each to their own DG and I do respect your opinion but it just wasn't for me. And you are so right about being around when the ICE is till prevalent. Pretty sure they will have to given some sort of noise for safety reasons and entertainment for the drivers/riders. When electrical trams were introduced here in the UK people were killed because of not being aware of them and walking across their path.
Finally the iconic Harley engine I am please to say will still be here for many years to come.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts