Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this posted once before, about the Harley Davidson Pan America 1250S losing power. I took my bike in the 1000 mile service. Two days Later we took it out for a ride. While cursing down the highway My son stated the bike lost power. As in the odometer started to show reduced speed. Luckily but the grace of GOD he was not hit in traffic. We were able to get the bike off the highway and tried starting it. It would not start.

No I have had problems with this dealer before.
1. Customer service sucks
2. The have a high employee turn over
3. The are very passive aggressive
4. You could walk in to service and literally stand there for 15 min with out one person asking can they help you

So long story short what should I do ?

Below you will find Some video and photos
Light Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Motorcycle accessories
Motor vehicle Automotive design Audio equipment Personal luxury car Vehicle audio
Automotive design Audio equipment Gadget Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

Attachments

· Registered
39 Posts
I would email them clearly stating your problems, asking them to contact you ASAP. So now you have a time/date stamped paper trail. If they don't call, start calling them everyday stating that this motorcycle is dangerous and needs to be satisfactorily repaired, refunded or replaced. Stories of random error codes and small faults are one thing, but having your life put in danger is unacceptable.

· Registered
155 Posts
There’s other HD dealers in your area. If you haven’t received good service at that particular dealer have you tried the others? I go out of my way (100 mile round trip) to take my bike to a dealer which has great service and crew. Totally worth it. I’ve had no issues with my bike, and I give credit to the dealer I take it to having a knowledgeable staff.

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There’s other HD dealers in your area. If you haven’t received good service at that particular dealer have you tried the others? I go out of my way (100 mile round trip) to take my bike to a dealer which has great service and crew. Totally worth it. I’ve had no issues with my bike, and I give credit to the dealer I take it to having a knowledgeable staff.
That's why I'm pissed bike worked flawlessly until I did that 1k service
I took pics and video of all the issues

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If anybody cares to know what happened.
1. The Fuel line was disconnected
2. The stator went bad
3 The battery is shot (DEAD)
That's what the service rep told me today

Once its fix its for sale

· Registered
155 Posts
2. The stator went bad

Time to move on! I’ve had a few bikes that I was glad to get rid of due to constant issues. Even if others didn’t have the same problems, I did and that’s all that mattered.

· Registered
7 Posts
2. The stator went bad

Chefsalty, before you sell that bike let’s meet for a ride, sounds like we’re in the same area. I need another Pan Am to ride with, all my friends are on street bikes.

Personally Timpanogos is the closest dealer to me and I have purchased a few bikes from them as well as South Valley HD (SLCHD) but I bounce my service between Timpanogos and SLC depending on what needs to be done. You may want to give South Valleys shop a try, though definitely smaller dealership and may take a while but they did some excellent engine performance upgrades for me years ago (though they pretty much had it all winter). IMO SLCHD definitely has a more experienced service dept but a longer wait time. I went to Denver to purchase my PanAm as none of the local dealers had one available when I was ready to buy one. A little too far to run back and forth to Denver for service for me.

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chefsalty, before you sell that bike let’s meet for a ride, sounds like we’re in the same area. I need another Pan Am to ride with, all my friends are on street bikes.

Personally Timpanogos is the closest dealer to me and I have purchased a few bikes from them as well as South Valley HD (SLCHD) but I bounce my service between Timpanogos and SLC depending on what needs to be done. You may want to give South Valleys shop a try, though definitely smaller dealership and may take a while but they did some excellent engine performance upgrades for me years ago (though they pretty much had it all winter). IMO SLCHD definitely has a more experienced service dept but a longer wait time. I went to Denver to purchase my PanAm as none of the local dealers had one available when I was ready to buy one. A little too far to run back and forth to Denver for service for me.
Too late I sold the POS to Timponogos Harley and Lost 1500.00 on the deal. Im the happiest man alive I will never buy or step foot on or in another Harley Dealer or on a motorcycle again. and will be an advocate against them for the rest of my life

· Registered
155 Posts
Too late I sold the POS to Timponogos Harley and Lost 1500.00 on the deal. Im the happiest man alive I will never buy or step foot on or in another Harley Dealer or on a motorcycle again. and will be an advocate against them for the rest of my life
Sorry things went so bad for you. Reminds me of the problems I had with my second GS (a 2014 1200) which had demons. The frame broke, 2 alternators failed, head cracked, wiring harness shorted to frame and fried into a charred mess, and other small electronic issues. That was in the first 2 years. I ended up putting a little over 40k miles on that bike over 4 years and sold it for a GS 1250. It was better, but still had a lot of issues. I’ve owned many brands, and few have been trouble free, but none should be fraught with problems, and ALL dealers should be knowledgeable and treat their customers well. That’s for sure.

· Registered
7 Posts
Too late I sold the POS to Timponogos Harley and Lost 1500.00 on the deal. Im the happiest man alive I will never buy or step foot on or in another Harley Dealer or on a motorcycle again. and will be an advocate against them for the rest of my

· Registered
14 Posts
The Dealership makes ALL the difference in service quality. I hope you have alternatives.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts