Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. Does anyone else's Top box slide back and forth (sideways)/shift slightly? When I looked at the screws holding the pegs, there are plastic washes that seem to enable the sliding. If it is supposed to shift, anyone have an explanation why?

·
Registered
PAS RA1250S Deadwood Green Spokes & ARH
196 Posts
Aerodynamics. That slight movement as air passes over prevents that from being transmitted to the bike chassis at higher speeds, resulting in potential death wobble.

·
Registered
2022 Pan America 1250 Special
21 Posts
I just installed mine and all the back-and-forth sliding is in the mounting plate. It's clearly the design intent as there are slots and elongated plastic bushings that enable it to slide left/right. I've never encountered this in the past on other bikes I've owned but this is definitely how it's supposed to work.

·
Registered
PAS RA1250S Deadwood Green Spokes & ARH
196 Posts
I just installed mine and all the back-and-forth sliding is in the mounting plate. It's clearly the design intent as there are slots and elongated plastic bushings that enable it to slide left/right. I've never encountered this in the past on other bikes I've owned but this is definitely how it's supposed to work.
I think Truimph came up with this floating luggage mounts first, I could be wrong? Harley out sourced the panniers to SW Motec and they know their onions. I still find Givi hard to beat for longevity.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings. Does anyone else's Top box slide back and forth (sideways)/shift slightly? When I looked at the screws holding the pegs, there are plastic washes that seem to enable the sliding. If it is supposed to shift, anyone have an explanation why?
I had the same issue, but after the base plate recall this is resolved now. It seems they have used different washers this time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts