Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I was being smart and I put the bike in Transport mode for about a week since I knew I wasn't going to be riding it.

I went to start it today and the bike won't start. It won't even pop. Is there a way to disarm the transport mode.

Manual says use FOB to disarm. I don't see anu buttons on the FOB. What am I missing?

Registered
H-D PAS RA1250S Deadwood Green Spokes & ARH
Key fob needs to be within range - a few feet of the bike - when ignition is engaged. This is the same whatever mode, otherwise you will be asked for the keycode to start the bike without keyfob, as keyfob not present. I think that needs setting up to be fully active, code that is.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Key fob needs to be within range - a few feet of the bike - when ignition is engaged. This is the same whatever mode, otherwise you will be asked for the keycode to start the bike without keyfob, as keyfob not present. I think that needs setting up to be fully active, code that is.
I had the key FOB on top of the tank bag and nothing. Same results Everything lights up, starter spins and nothing.

I read the manual and it said bike will not start while in gear without engaging the clutch. Bike was in Neutral, but I engaged the clutch anyway and the bike started instantly. False Neutral ??? I don't know. So I did the entire process again. Put it in Transport mode, FOB close by, tried to start bike in Neutral. Nothing. I depressed the clutch, started instantly.

Would someone else try the same procedure and see if they get different results. Maybe it's just my bike. I'm happy that it started, but am perplexed as to why.

Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
Would someone else try the same procedure and see if they get different results. Maybe it's just my bike. I'm happy that it started, but am perplexed as to why.
Hey Bob, I just tried it twice and mine started.
I put it in transport mode then tried starting and it did! I was in neutral and I did NOT engage clutch.
Don't think you was wanting to hear that but hopefully helps with figuring out your bike.

** I assume it will start without clutch when not in transport mode?*

Registered
H-D PAS RA1250S Deadwood Green Spokes & ARH
Update; honestly since exposing the battery for a look see, removing said battery and relocating and retightening the battery connections, the battery seems to hold a charge better. Connected up the charger today and it was showing 12.6v, no draw, and very quickly, half an hour, it was showing fully charger from the 6amp charger. Bit of a strange one but think it could be related to the battery connections and also the green grease which Harley seem to liberally apply on assembly. My bike is still to have a first service, so pretty much box fresh.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts