Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had there 22PA shut down while riding like the kill switch was hit? I was riding the canyons and bike died without any cautions while in Mid turn like the kill switch h was hit. No check engine no cautions. Did not see if there was any DTC.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone had there 22PA shut down while riding like the kill switch was hit? I was riding the canyons and bike died without any cautions while in Mid turn like the kill switch h was hit. No check engine no cautions. Did not see if there was any DTC.
What ECM Software Version is on your bike? If 41001138C then go back to B. Dealer should know

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same thing happen on a regular right hand turn intersection. Dealer couldn’t find any issue when I took it in, but it hasn’t happened since (about 1k miles).

·
Registered
PAS RA1250S Deadwood Green Spokes & ARH
290 Posts
Sounds like a total 12v power supply loss issue? I'd be checking the battery connection, fuse holders and associated wiring for anything loose, or obviously wrong. There's no way! this is software related, as that would go into some form of limp mode, it would not cut the motor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like a total 12v power supply loss issue? I'd be checking the battery connection, fuse holders and associated wiring for anything loose, or obviously wrong. There's no way! this is software related, as that would go into some form of limp mode, it would not cut the motor.
There are no signs of power loss the screen did not blip, Shut down, or restart. No coded either normally when you lose voltage to critical items it throws a bunch of ECM\BCM codes. But I get what your saying, I will have a look. Cheers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I Have this happen twice now. No warning, No turns, straight road on a bridge both times. Did not get an error code. Turn the switch off then on Bike started right back up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I Have this happen twice now. No warning, No turns, straight road on a bridge both times. Did not get an error code. Turn the switch off then on Bike started right back up.
We're you using a custom rider setting by chance? I was when it happened and after switching back to one of the stock ones it did not happen again. I am wondering if the ECU doesn't like user created rider settingings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This happened on my 21 Special a couple of times while in the middle of 25 MPH left and right hand turns.
The bike showed no codes. It was resolved by replacing the engine wiring harness due to faulty connectors.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would say... "Welcome to the Club"... there are discussion forums here on the bike randomly switching off... :censored:

·
Registered
PAS RA1250S Deadwood Green Spokes & ARH
290 Posts
If your bike suddenly dies when lent over, or not, it is fault. Seek rememedy of that from the manufactrer under warramty, it's not a common fault and neither should it be, it's a basic fault, which should be identified and corrected.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If your bike suddenly dies when lent over, or not, it is fault. Seek rememedy of that from the manufactrer under warramty, it's not a common fault and neither should it be, it's a basic fault, which should be identified and corrected.
I fully agree with @Dirtglide,

these kind of behaviours are not normal and might lend to extremely dangerous situations.

When my bike was switching off out of the blue, I was always thinking, what if this was happening while I was taking over a car in the traffic or while going uphill?

Ask for solutions @Ruckuss0711 as I did and I keep doing.

Take care,
Alberto

1 - 17 of 17 Posts