Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m having an issue with my Bluetooth headset. I really like using the right hand switch gear to control my phone mainly for music. IPhone is connected to the bike as well as the headset (Cardo Packtalk Bold). Everything works great until I shoulder check or turn my head to the right. I’ve moved the headset as far forward on the helmet (RHS) as I can with no real improvement. Any suggestions or solutions that have worked for you guys would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
217 Posts
Not sure if this will help but I've noticed lately (don't recall it doing it earlier) that mine cuts out when I turn/check to the left. But the helmet I have came with a sena bluetooth on it and it wasn't expensive. Its probably 5 years old so I just chaulked it up to an inexpensive, old helmet/BT and I'm currently looking to buy a new helmet and BT/comm.

Sorry I don't have any concrete solutions but thought I'd add my experience.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry it is turning my head to the left to shoulder check. Long day @ work I guess lol. Doesn’t seem to matter what coat I’m wearing. I’m thinking this is a common problem for some.

·
Premium Member
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
217 Posts
Clarification (I hope) I said cuts out* it doesn't completely stop or loose pairing.

I meant it will go in and out like I'm pushing pause/play, I don't haveta reconnect, push play again or anything else.
It continues to play with intermittent problems while checking to the left.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Clarification (I hope) I said cuts out* it doesn't completely stop or loose pairing.

I meant it will go in and out like I'm pushing pause/play, I don't haveta reconnect, push play again or anything else.
It continues to play with intermittent problems while checking to the left.
My issue is identical. Was just hoping there was a fix of sorts. Being able to use the RH switch gear is just so handy it makes up for the annoyance I guess. I dropped my bike off @ the dealer yesterday for the first service and mentioned the issue. I just got the “deer in headlights” look so I didn’t pursue it any farther. Maybe a future software upgrade fixes it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you tried connecting the phone to the bike and not the headset. And the headset to the bike and not the phone.
Yes both the phone and the headset are connected to the bike. I turn on the bike, let my phone connect, and then turn on the headset. Only thing I’m not doing is running the HD app. Not sure that would change anything though.

·
Registered
2022 HD Pan America 1250S
12 Posts
I'll throw this in there for consideration. I'm using HD's SENA 50S Headset, an iPhone 13, and Garmin's Zumo XT. I even created a Help Ticket with Sena to get at least some of this Comm gear to work together (before I got the Zumo). Basically I just gave up on HD's WHIM (Wireless Headset Interface Module). Couldn't EVER get the headset and phone connected together and working correctly with the WHIM. My end result: connect the phone to the headset for music and calls, and connect the Zumo to the phone to display notifications and for GPS. And I run the App's for both simultaneously on the phone. GREAT audio quality from SENA (which also includes FM radio), and awesome GPS from Garmin. Should be just as good with Cardo. I hate to say it, but just let go of the WHIM and those hand controls-- it's a good bet later on the Dealer will flash the WHIM to get it all corrected, later than sooner. I'm totally not suggesting you need to get a Zumo, but that WHIM is awful. Bike a nice day, knee caps in the wind!

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I had an iphone 12pro. I paired the phone to the bike and my sena spider to the bike but not each other. That worked 100% of the time. Now I have android and can't get it to work right no matter what I do. But I am going to keep trying.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts