Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Cross posted from the PA FB page, so apologies if you've seen this twice today)

I rode 45 mins in pounding rain on the highway to get to work. When I stopped, there was an unreal amount of steam coming from the front of the bike, and this rather large stream of water that went for about 40 seconds. I could easily have filled a tall boy. Is this a known thing? That there's somewhere in that assembly that can pool up this much water?

I've seen a few comments saying it's pretty normal, but have you seen this / think it's an issue?

Also - although my coolant was very low, I dont think this has anything to do with the cooling system, it just seemed like water.
Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Tread

· Registered
8 Posts
(Cross posted from the PA FB page, so apologies if you've seen this twice today)

I rode 45 mins in pounding rain on the highway to get to work. When I stopped, there was an unreal amount of steam coming from the front of the bike, and this rather large stream of water that went for about 40 seconds. I could easily have filled a tall boy. Is this a known thing? That there's somewhere in that assembly that can pool up this much water?

I've seen a few comments saying it's pretty normal, but have you seen this / think it's an issue?

Also - although my coolant was very low, I dont think this has anything to do with the cooling system, it just seemed like water.
View attachment 1847
Drain holes for water build up the size of a straw would take time to drain similar situation as automobiles

1 - 2 of 2 Posts