Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle

Everyone has their special spots or special trips they've taken on their bikes. So what's the best place everyone on here has ridden? Add yours below and let's see what people say. Who knows it might give someone an idea on where their next trip will be.

For me so far has been going up Pikes Peak. The views as you climb up are spectacular.

·
Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
175 Posts
I've had a sheltered life in that I haven't ridden to alot different places, especially on PA but that is going to change.
So as of my limited areas I've been, I enjoyed camping at daniel boone and riding around(red river gorges) south eastern kentucky.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great topic!
My favorite road ride is a combo of Iron Mountain Road and Needles Highway near Custer South Dakota. I recommend riding them both directions.

Since this a forum about an adventure bike I’ll delve into that as well.

My favorite adventure riding area is Moab UT. Camping in the Sand Flats rec area gives you easy access to Slick Rock, Fins & Things and Hells Revenge. The White Rim is a great day ride. There are lots of rides that vary from flat dirt roads to probable physical injury (like the Rose Garden).

There are lots of restaurants, the mountain biking is fantastic in Moab and Arches National Park has great hiking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
View attachment 601

Everyone has their special spots or special trips they've taken on their bikes. So what's the best place everyone on here has ridden? Add yours below and let's see what people say. Who knows it might give someone an idea on where their next trip will be.

For me so far has been going up Pikes Peak. The views as you climb up are spectacular.
Ahh, Pikes Peak. The last 1/3rd was still unpaved when I rode to the top. Around 2001 if I remember correctly.
For me that one special road would have to be Hwy12 in Utah. I’ve been out west a couple times, (I live in Georgia) and make a special point on riding that Highway and the area in general whenever I can. Highly recommended!

·
Registered
10 Posts
View attachment 601

I took a 3,600 mile ride across Australia's outback in 2010 at 65 years of age. 95% unpaved tracks and paths across the four deserts. Arriving in Carnegie station, 900 miles to go to Perth, we came upon the annual BMW offroad rally. When told we had come 2700 miles from Arlie Beach, there was a unanimous response that's f*cking impossible. 2/3 were ridden with five broken ribs, a torn rotator cuff and severe ankle injury. The shoulder and ankle injuries occurred when my buddy who talked me into the trip ran me over in the Simpson desert! The ribs I broke trying to make up time after we were delayed by my buddies medivac and were running the Simson desert in the dark. Had a few suckie days until I met an aboriginal healer! Great trip
Tire Land vehicle Sky Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
10 Posts
Some of my favorite rides are on my YouTube channel H3SOB. No adds or fund raising. Today I discovered a video of a 900 mile trip around Cuba which was an incredible experience!
. One video is the 2021 Pan America ride H-D led in Sturgis!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I’ll add some for the UK members. I’ve ridden all these multiple times but managed to fit them in 1 week a couple of years ago. They where all on a friends bucket list.

Horse Shoe Pass. Great road and the Pandarosa at the top has some great food.

Cat and Fiddle. Was the most dangerous ride in Britten until they fitted average speed cameras. Still has great views and bends. Can continue down the A6 to Matlock. Great meeting place for bikers.

Butter tubs pass and Dales Dimond. Great roads, I’ve grouped them together as both are only short. Set off from Thwaite and head through Hawes. Continue down the B6265. In fact pick any road around the dales.

Hardknott Pass. I have a love hate relationship with this road. For back ground it’s in dispute with a road in New Zealand as to the worlds steepest drive able road. If you do it for the first time go east to west. You going down the steepest part. But the views make it worth the effort.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I took a 3,600 mile ride across Australia's outback in 2010 at 65 years of age. 95% unpaved tracks and paths across the four deserts. Arriving in Carnegie station, 900 miles to go to Perth, we came upon the annual BMW offroad rally. When told we had come 2700 miles from Arlie Beach, there was a unanimous response that's f*cking impossible. 2/3 were ridden with five broken ribs, a torn rotator cuff and severe ankle injury. The shoulder and ankle injuries occurred when my buddy who talked me into the trip ran me over in the Simpson desert! The ribs I broke trying to make up time after we were delayed by my buddies medivac and were running the Simson desert in the dark. Had a few suckie days until I met an aboriginal healer! Great trip
View attachment 602
Wow I don't think I could handle a trip like that healthy let along with broken ribs, a torn rotator cuff and a hurt ankle! How long did the trip take?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum @CanuckPASrider! Now that's one heck of a trip! Did the Transfagarasan live up to the hype?
It most certainly did. Even had the stereotypical flock of sheep traffic jam at the bottom. Lol.

I think this pic of Passo Gavia is from a different trip (first time to Passo Stelvio)

Cloud Mountain Helmet Sports equipment Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

This one was on the trip to Romania at top of Stelvio
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

And here are the sheep at bottom of Transfagarasan. Lol
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
Pan America Spezial
205 Posts
In 1990 i made a Trip through USA. All by myselve to go to sturgis. All on a 883
Atlanta, Memphis, in the ozarks, Up north storm lake iowa. Badlands, in rapid city i met a friend and picked him up at the Airport with the goal to bring him to Denver.
cheyenne wo. Denver heading south to the gulf of Mexico. Met there a other friend went fishing.
Back to Atlanta and Home to Germany.
8 weeks 10000mls and a whole lot of fun 😁

1 - 12 of 12 Posts