Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swiping the idea from from various similar enthusiast sites - - post up a comment or picture of anything Pan America related that you've done recently - - large or small. . . New accessory, modification, epic rides, whatever! ! Figured a lot of us are executing small upgrades that might not warrant an entire thread, but this could be a great place to cross-pollinate the good ideas members are using on their bikes.

Here's mine for the day:
Wheel Tire Crankset Bicycle tire Vehicle

Reflective rim tape. This is the retro-reflective stuff light looks "white" at night when headlights hit it. Had enough to do the entire rim, but like the staggered look. . .

Rear:
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

I've used similar product on my Buells, this was a bit trickier due to the spokes and style of rim - - instead of placing on the outer edge of the rims, went inboard, which should still work pretty well. Realize some may question this additional "safety" feature on an Adventure Bike, but this one is going to get plenty of commuting miles, and a significant amount before sunrise.

Who's next?

Paul

Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
Not a bad idea and something else to help become visible to idiots um other road travelers.馃憤

Wasn't today or yesterday but not too long ago I had some left over peel paint and thought it'd look decent on back half of bike, painted the handle that's not really a handle and pass footpegs, I think it looks great. Posted pics in deadwood green post but since you axed, here it is.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Luggage and bags Automotive design

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ordered that thing.. Let me see how it works with 鈧 and Delivery 馃
Sorry, time zone difference kept me from responding sooner . . . That looks very similar, maybe a different vendor, but still likely produced in the same factory . . . Purchased mine off eBay, should work well with the Pyramid fender-extenders we have both mounted. Even though a lot of my miles will be on asphalt, I still didn't like how exposed the radiator was, especially with how short the front fender is. . .

Registered
2021 Baja Orange / White Pan America Special
Been a busy couple of weeks.......
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Automotive fuel system Fuel tank Wheel Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Hood Automotive tire Helmet Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those upgrades look awesome! I did all the bodywork and more on my Ulysses in Line-X, so big fan of the texture on the crash bar and radiator shrouds. Appreciate the part # or link for the bark busters - - any problems with the install. . . ? And of course, you planning on producing the chain/sprocket guards? Well done on all the upgrades.

Paul

Registered

Registered
All kinds!!! 馃ぃ
The levers on this bike are big, and getting everything to work together was tricky. I had to clearance the bar on the right side just a bit to clear the adjustment knob on the brake lever. It's best to loosen your levers and let the drop down and start playing around.
One fun fact, the bar ends are threaded, so once you've managed to squeeze in the expanding plug for the Acerbis, it's pretty much in there forever......
(And good call, those are the X Factor)

Registered
MarcS,

I am considering buying a pair of the X-Factor handguards. Any chance you could provide a picture of the handguards where they are mounted to the handlebars (not the bar end)? Per the instructions I would like to see how/where part A is attached to the bars.

Thanks!

Registered
MarcS,

I am considering buying a pair of the X-Factor handguards. Any chance you could provide a picture of the handguards where they are mounted to the handlebars (not the bar end)? Per the instructions I would like to see how/where part A is attached to the bars.

Thanks!
MarcS,

Thanks!
Motor vehicle Fender Gas Automotive lighting Machine
Bicycle handlebar Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Steering wheel
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system

Reactions: Matilda

Registered

Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
Been a busy couple of weeks.......

View attachment 288
View attachment 285
I watch video with one of the "upgrades" they did were the turn signal/blinkers and I was amazed at there brightness. Appears you have same, so question, where'd you get them and are they as bright as they appeared in video?
Nice job/work all way round!

Registered
They are very bright. They are a Truck-Lite product, 36115R for red, and 36115Y for Amber.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts