Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
181 - 200 of 336 Posts
Finally settled on a windscreen that suits the way I ride. The factory windscreen worked fine for me at highway speeds, but I wanted something much shorter when going off-road, even at the lowest setting. I also changed my mind and decided I didn’t want a tinted windscreen because I often ride at night and don’t want visibility degraded. I bought a National Cycle short windscreen that measures 356mm tall (63mm shorter than factory), but has a completely different profile which does an excellent job diverting the wind. Anyway, at the lowest position the wind on my helmet is low and there is no buffeting. After 800 km, I’m happy with it. It also came with two clear diverter wings below the windscreen, but I didn’t like their quality and kept the factory black plastic ones.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper

Finally got some protection and some more comfort/better pegs installed.

I truly feel for the people that are having issues with there bikes and I am not trying to put gas on a fire but gotta say I'm very happy/satisfied I bought one. I did 400 miles today (total on bike now 3905) and it's just a dream to ride.

I like the highway pegs but they only fit on the smaller tube of engine guard and I'm not long in the legs so they'd be better if they fit on the larger/closer tube(minor issue).

Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Plant

AltRider radiator guard and BDCW gut guard
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Motor vehicle

How far back the gut guard goes/protects
Hood Automotive tire Tire Wheel Vehicle

Adv Highway pegs and Alt Rider foot pegs
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Rim

Size of altrider to oem foot pegs

Food Ingredient Ice cream Tableware Gelato

Finished an already excellent day with a little treat. ✌

Finally got some protection and some more comfort/better pegs installed.

I truly feel for the people that are having issues with there bikes and I am not trying to put gas on a fire but gotta say I'm very happy/satisfied I bought one. I did 400 miles today (total on bike now 3905) and it's just a dream to ride.

I like the highway pegs but they only fit on the smaller tube of engine guard and I'm not long in the legs so they'd be better if they fit on the larger/closer tube(minor issue).

View attachment 1335
AltRider radiator guard and BDCW gut guard
View attachment 1336
How far back the gut guard goes/protects
View attachment 1337
Adv Highway pegs and Alt Rider foot pegs
View attachment 1338
Size of altrider to oem foot pegs

View attachment 1339
Finished an already excellent day with a little treat. ✌
If you don't like the highway pegs you have, you might want to look at the ones from AeeDea. There is a thread on them. I have them and I love them. Very adjustable.

Yeah I've seen/read about them they do look nice but I already had these ordered and finally put them on. I like them they're small, outta the way it's that they only attach to the small tube, I am able to utilize and stretch my legs I'm just thinking it might be better (for me) if attached to larger/closer tube, more options.

But yeah thanks for your recommendation, I think they'll be great, I'm just little disappointed it only fits on small tube, and trying to let others know, especially if short legged.😁

Tell us about what is holding your Zumo?
I have the Madstad windshield with the relocation kit for the instrument cluster that raises it up about 3 inches, I had to do that since I have the bars raised.
When buying the sumo xt from touratech it came with a nice lockable mount, but it does not fit the Madstad kit, so I had to make my own mount.

Sitting here this morning with a cup of coffee before I head out for a ride, I’m thinking of something that’s bothered me from day one. Has anyone tried reinstalling the fuel cap so it lifts up towards the front of the bike? The way it is now, it’s a pain to get the fuel nozzle n position to fill the tank.

Or is it just me?

Nope, you aren't alone. Been thinking about that since day one. If it ever cools off, I may take it apart and see if it can be turned 180 degrees.
Just finished taking it apart to scope out the situation. Let’s just say ‘You can wish in one hand and crap in the other, and see which one fills up first.’

View attachment 1080

I Switched to a new Mode ;)

It was riding like normal.
To solve the Problem turn Off and on. ..fixed.
For some reason, every time I look at the "ROAD" mode symbol, it reminds me of McDonald's 🤷🏼‍♂️🤣🤣..... Sorry if I ruined it for anyone.... 😁

181 - 200 of 336 Posts