Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
201 - 220 of 336 Posts
I installed it alongside the dial dim controller. Pretty neat what all it does.
You don’t know how happy I am to hear that. I’m planing on doing the same install over winter.

Any tips or tricks you learn during the install. Where did you locate the dual dim module. Did you fit the handle bar control. How was the wire routing under the tank.
So many questions and so little text box to type them in.

[EDIT] All this is unless Hex Innovate get the ezCAN to market before winter, and it’s now showing as coming soon on their website.

You don’t know how happy I am to hear that. I’m planing on doing the same install over winter.

Any tips or tricks you learn during the install. Where did you locate the dual dim module. Did you fit the handle bar control. How was the wire routing under the tank.
So many questions and so little text box to type them in.

[EDIT] All this is unless Hex Innovate get the ezCAN to market before winter, and it’s now showing as coming soon on their website.
So how I ran the wiring, Im really not happy with but it was the best solution at the time, maybe down the road I will reroute them. So for the pass through harness, its pretty straight forward, i did have to remove my headlamp to get clearance to plug the connector in. At the top of the frame, where the forks are at there is a little plastic cover with wires coming out of it, on both sides that is where the turn signal passthrough plugs in. I routed the right D4 wire across to the access point for the turn signal, then down. I routed all the wiring up the left side of the turn signal fairing next to the radiator, its a really tight fit, and Im not 100% happy with it, but I plan to redo all of that when I send off my tank and fairing to get painted.

Dial dim controller I mounted next to battery on left side, theres a small spot where its like it was almost made to fit.Did the handlebar control as well, its at a slight angle on the left side now, but it works great.

So how I ran the wiring, Im really not happy with but it was the best solution at the time, maybe down the road I will reroute them. So for the pass through harness, its pretty straight forward, i did have to remove my headlamp to get clearance to plug the connector in. At the top of the frame, where the forks are at there is a little plastic cover with wires coming out of it, on both sides that is where the turn signal passthrough plugs in. I routed the right D4 wire across to the access point for the turn signal, then down. I routed all the wiring up the left side of the turn signal fairing next to the radiator, its a really tight fit, and Im not 100% happy with it, but I plan to redo all of that when I send off my tank and fairing to get painted.

Dial dim controller I mounted next to battery on left side, theres a small spot where its like it was almost made to fit.Did the handlebar control as well, its at a slight angle on the left side now, but it works great.
Thanks for this really appreciate it. The reason I’m waiting until winter is so I can take my time and get the wiring right. It’s a pet hate of mine seeing wiring that looks rushed or a compromise. That’s not to say I’m a professional or particularly talented with wiring. Just pedantic.

It’s a pet hate of mine seeing wiring that looks rushed or a compromise. That’s not to say I’m a professional or particularly talented with wiring. Just pedantic.
I am the same way, plan in winter is to paint the fairing and gas tank, and while that is out I am going to tear back into it and see if I can reroute and hide the extra slack somewhere

I am the same way, plan in winter is to paint the fairing and gas tank, and while that is out I am going to tear back into it and see if I can reroute and hide the extra slack somewhere
I wasn’t implying anything about your wiring. Just stating why I was waiting until winter.
As it appears the ezCAN is coming soon I think I’ll go down that route. If it’s not out before December hopefully Stephan from Hex will be at the bike show in Birmingham and I can get an idea of time from him.

Oh no, I took no offense :)I just know it can be done better than what it is currently and after messing with the bike and the bad ECM update (3500rpm idle), I just want to enjoy the bike without having to wrench on it during my weekend.
Have you tried oiling the throttle grip? Mine was a bit sticky, few dabs of light oil sorted it, nothing to do with the FI.

Have you tried oiling the throttle grip? Mine was a bit sticky, few dabs of light oil sorted it, nothing to do with the FI.
There was a TSB on this…

TSB Number: PAB1120NHTSA
Number: 10201051TSB
Date: August 27, 2021
Date Added to File: September 3, 2021
Failing Component: Unknown Or Other
Summary: Genuine motor parts and motor accessories bulletin pab1120: pan america and sportster s: hand grips. Purpose: a to remind dealers to always follow the installation instructions and check for free rotation of throttle grip before operating

It wasn't anything with the grip, when the radiator was punctured they pushed a bad ecm update to the bike that was recalled. Since the ecm was reverted to previous version its running like a champ.

I installed a Quad Lock charging phone mount. Pretty easy and secure using a doubled length of tennis racquet over-grip tape inside the clamp. And a 1.5 ft USB C to USB C cord routes nicely to the port on the right hand side of the dash.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Steering part Automotive design Rim

201 - 220 of 336 Posts