Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
221 - 240 of 336 Posts
This wasn't completed today but was my most recent upgrade.
The GPS mount is from Alumacycle . Fairly easy install. I removed my tank and routed the GPS wiring under the tank and seat. Harley has an accessory harness that plugs into the vacant plug under the seat which allows power only while the ignition is on. However you can route the GPS wiring straight down to the battery with the Garmin supplied wiring harnass. Pulling the tank for the first time is a b**** but the next time you do it, it will be much easier.
Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Gauge
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle

Used Mosko Moto brackets to attach a Pelican air case. Used the Touratech rear rack for the attachment point. Had to slightly modify it, since it isn't intended to be used with HD panier mounting brackets.
View attachment 1289 View attachment 1290 View attachment 1291 View attachment 1292 View attachment 1293
Hi, I was looking at the Touratech rack also- how did you modify it to work with the HD side mounts. It looked like to me you would have to grind off the lip that hung over the edge.
Cheers,
Tom

Nice! Link of where you got those weather-covers ?
Both are excellent quality

Not a bad idea and something else to help become visible to idiots um other road travelers.👍

Wasn't today or yesterday but not too long ago I had some left over peel paint and thought it'd look decent on back half of bike, painted the handle that's not really a handle and pass footpegs, I think it looks great. Posted pics in deadwood green post but since you axed, here it is.

View attachment 273

View attachment 274
The contrast is most excellent! Looks great!

Ill be installing my Madstad windshield and display riser tonight after work (20in light grey). After a recent long trip I realized how terrible the buffeting is at highway speed in excess of 70 miles an hour. Was giving me a terrible headache and as I ducked behind the shield, near instant relief. I've had the HD handlebar risers since almost day 1 but have wanted a tad more rise and pull back so I also have the SWMotech 30mm risers on the way from what I can tell these will pair well with the current risers and it seems there is enough room on the cables and wires to make the additional 30mm. I see no problem using this in conjunction with the 6in HD risers as its the same theory as SWMotechs original idea. If anyone has any question about the set up, feel free to ask away!

Done did the 1K service, all the updates needed updated, and the updated updates needed updated too! Got the lights installed, got all the goodies for the soft bags, rad guard, headlight guard, and cat approved skid plate!!

Cat Grey Felidae Wood Whiskers

Done did the 1K service, all the updates needed updated, and the updated updates needed updated too! Got the lights installed, got all the goodies for the soft bags, rad guard, headlight guard, and cat approved skid plate!!

For my regular day to day ride 35 miles each way it is an excellent seat and I feel as I can control the bike better bc of my position slightly more forward and 2mm lower. It is absolutely not a touring seat or any good for rides extended over an hour. It is broken in now I've done over 1k with it and it did improve since I first installed but my statement still stands. I decided to keep the Sundowner seat for my longer rides as it does provide a whole lot more plush comfort for the long haul. My Wife rides 2 Up with me frequently and she finds the Sundowner to be more comfortable than the saddlemen but the material is extremely slick so having a backrest or sadddle bags is a must to keep them from slipping off the bike. Overall I like the saddlemen look better. In summary if I could only have one it would greatly depend on my frequency of long rides. If my primary riding style was long haul, H-D sundowner would be the choice. If short trips and looks was my priority Saddlemen it is! Hope this is helpful. @El Kabong

Thank you so much Fourseasons.
I have a Russel Day Long for my BMW K16 and it is very conftable but from what I saw, the RDL is uggly on a PA. Also, the RDL is very expensive. But considering I spend 3+ hours between breaks, I feel like I wouldn't have the choice. Especialy since my wife doesn't like the PA seat but like the BMW seat. My wife must be comfortable because I love the PA and I want to sell the BMW. It is a fantastic bike for touring but the PA has nothing to envy.

Thank you for your honest review. I think I owe you a beer (alcoholic or not) since you save me an expense :)

221 - 240 of 336 Posts