Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
241 - 251 of 251 Posts

· Premium Member
107 Posts
Thank you so much Fourseasons.
I have a Russel Day Long for my BMW K16 and it is very conftable but from what I saw, the RDL is uggly on a PA. Also, the RDL is very expensive. But considering I spend 3+ hours between breaks, I feel like I wouldn't have the choice. Especialy since my wife doesn't like the PA seat but like the BMW seat. My wife must be comfortable because I love the PA and I want to sell the BMW. It is a fantastic bike for touring but the PA has nothing to envy.

Thank you for your honest review. I think I owe you a beer (alcoholic or not) since you save me an expense :)
Haha I hope to take you up on that drink someday! Yes I must agree, much of my build has had my wife in mind as she was used to my 15 street glide that she really enjoyed putting miles on as a passenger. I can't say that she's as comfortable as she was on the SG because she just said the other day "Id like to get another bagger someday for our long trips" I didn't have much to say in return

· Premium Member
22 PAS, 13 Dyna Wideglide, 2001 Honda XR650R, 2007 KDX 220, 1994 ATK 604 E
76 Posts
So...I took the stock seat, and just for fun, put it on top of the high mount. No more "ball smash", no sliding forward, way more comfortable than the stock 2 settings.
Im doing some more mods and looking for a better option.

· Premium Member
76 Posts
Automotive tire Fluid Liquid Gas Water

Automotive tire Gas Composite material Automotive wheel system Rim

So I cut off the 1/2" tab that sat on the frame tab, it made a difference, not a lot, but progress!
Im going to reshape the seat tab some more
🤔

· Registered
4 Posts
All kinds!!! 🤣
The levers on this bike are big, and getting everything to work together was tricky. I had to clearance the bar on the right side just a bit to clear the adjustment knob on the brake lever. It's best to loosen your levers and let the drop down and start playing around.
One fun fact, the bar ends are threaded, so once you've managed to squeeze in the expanding plug for the Acerbis, it's pretty much in there forever......
(And good call, those are the X Factor)
I bought a pair and after spending a couple of hours trying to make them fit I have come to the conclusion that there's no way they will ever fit.
I'll have to trim off the ball ends to even make them come close to fitting, and even then it's kind of iffy.
When you say "clearance", do you mean you cut off a 1/4 inch or so off the bar end?
Even then I don't know how they fit, by the time I move the lever perch enough to clear the lever / guard I don't have any clearance for the lever to use the brake.
I would like to see an actual picture of the ENTIRE mount job you did, not just close-up's of the various areas.

· Premium Member
76 Posts
Thats badass!!
All it needs is a stripper pole, and VEGAS BABY!!
Just kiddin
Thats really badass!

· Registered
29 Posts
Thats badass!!
All it needs is a stripper pole, and VEGAS BABY!!
Just kiddin
Thats really badass!
LMAO That's a good one Rocket. I can change it back to stock in 10 minutes if I need to- but it sure is useful so far.
Built everything over xmas holiday. Platform is 24"L X 27"W and the NATO fuel cans hold 10 liters/2.6 gal each.
I have not put fuel in them yet but plan on a ride this weekend to Ft. Meyers to find highway range.

241 - 251 of 251 Posts