Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
141 - 160 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Harley-Davidson Pan America Special
21 Posts
CrewDawg,
I just got my lights yesterday and wonder if you could shed some light on removing the tank? The rest of the kit looks like a piece of cake.
Many thanks!
Glen
P.S. the dealer wanted 417.00 to install...OMG.
I used this youtube video:
for tips. I ran my fuel down so I had about a gallon or so of gas so the tank wasn't too heavy. I put some towels around the bars and risers to not scratch the tank when removing it. It is a pretty a tight area to get your hands in to remove the one connector under the tank. Install went much quicker than the removal once you figure out where everything is during the removal.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I used this youtube video:
for tips. I ran my fuel down so I had about a gallon or so of gas so the tank wasn't too heavy. I put some towels around the bars and risers to not scratch the tank when removing it. It is a pretty a tight area to get your hands in to remove the one connector under the tank. Install went much quicker than the removal once you figure out where everything is during the removal.
Super helpful thank you so much!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
How difficult is the quick shifter install? About how long does it take. I see one of those in my future. Maybe I'll have the dealer do it at my 1000 mile service.
I was going to have the dealer do it while it was in for service, but I got bored one rainy day and did It myself. Not difficult and it took me a relaxed 1.5 hours, more or less. I was out tinkering with the bike and didn't time myself, but that sounds about right. As mentioned in prior posts, you'll need to have the dealer add the quick shift feature in the programming.

·
Registered
PAS RA1250S Deadwood Green Spokes & ARH
295 Posts
Then refuelled at Bray Hill garage, where super unleaded is 149ppl, I know man, you'd love it the most!

Sky Cloud Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant

And then, later, visited with the fairies.

Plant Plant community Tree Motor vehicle Sky

Bucket list blessing. The PAS was awesome on tour, pulled 120mph two-up with luggage and was god damn still pulling. My long suffering wife was watching my every move, so I backed off, but I reckon 130+ is well possible, two-up with luggage, on a Harley! That's more than two miles a minute.... The Glide we hired for a US tour ran out of 'puff' at around 105/10 depending on the altitude, also two-up with luggage. I think this bike and I are going to get along, was also able to get a wriggle on two up with luggage which is a lot of fun, as long as I behave myself. ☮

Water Sky Cloud Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bags look good and handy. I have a question about the auxiliary lighting brackets did you drill them into the engine guard? I put the same lights on but the brackets want to turn outward so I was curious what you did to address that? The lights are good but the brackets suck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well yesterday first day I felt good enough to ride me and the wife took it up the highway to get to a dirt road came around a corner hit a park h of sand went into the ditch for about 40 ft before hitting a huge rock and flipping lots of damage on the front broke a rib wife is good just sore but all in all damn
Pissed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did a decent 500 mile round trip this week - but unfortunately discovered a few starting issues some have mentioned here - Eg bike not responding after refuelling - I wheeled away and waiting 5 mins - then worked fine.

Apart from the niggles - love the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Played around with "texturing" some of the stuff on the Pan Am - - dinged up the mirrors and hand guards guiding the bike out of the garage, so played around with that. . .
Automotive tire Chair Automotive design Motor vehicle Building

Guards got a bit as well. . .
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Nothing hi-tech, just some rattle can under carriage protector and bed liner.

Also mounted the long-awaited headlight guard. . .
Vehicle Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Paul

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bags look good and handy. I have a question about the auxiliary lighting brackets did you drill them into the engine guard? I put the same lights on but the brackets want to turn outward so I was curious what you did to address that? The lights are good but the brackets suck.
Good observation haha, yes I worked with one of my Technicians to fix the lights going wonky with the rubber in the mounts.
I have a tiny screw through the eng guard and it works perfectly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone tried to install the Lonerider semi-rigid bags? I have ordered them and will have them on in a week time and was wondering if it has been done before as I cannot find a single picture only on a Pan America with those bags

141 - 160 of 223 Posts