Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Here is my good friend -and Sevilla (Spain) Harley dealer owner- Pepe off roading with great success his PAS in a heavy rally event two weeks ago, the Xtrem 300.

Link:

You can see others bikes riding the race: rally, enduro (dual purpose) and some big trails...

And after three pressure water cleaning to take the mud out of his PAS -obviously with care-, no single electronic fail, no error showed at the display, and all working perfectly like (or better) the first day...

·
Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
187 Posts
That's awesome and great to hear.👍

·
Banned
1 Posts
Well to be honest I believe the PA is a a POS. I have one and have ridden it 26,000 miles across the U.S. and down to Peru. It's nothing but trouble and unreliable. The belt drive system does nothing but fail in deep mud and river crossing. Once it begins to slip itss only time b4 it fails and leaves u stranded. If your idea of an adventure bike is to set it up with soft luggage ride 2 star bucks this the bike is for you but if you really want to the bike to cross a continent purchase anything but this POS. It's unreliable, expensive to fix and parts are not available in third world countries. I left mine for free and flew home

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well to be honest I believe the PA is a a POS. I have one and have ridden it 26,000 miles across the U.S. and down to Peru. It's nothing but trouble and unreliable. The belt drive system does nothing but fail in deep mud and river crossing. Once it begins to slip itss only time b4 it fails and leaves u stranded. If your idea of an adventure bike is to set it up with soft luggage ride 2 star bucks this the bike is for you but if you really want to the bike to cross a continent purchase anything but this POS. It's unreliable, expensive to fix and parts are not available in third world countries. I left mine for free and flew home
You bought a Pan America with a belt drive? Do you also have a bridge over the Darien Gap to sell us?

·
Registered
133 Posts
1. A toothed belt drive will not slip when wet if properly adjusted.
2. The pan America hasn’t got a belt drive. Toothed or otherwise.
3. Jog on back to what ever forum you came from.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Belt drive...hummmmm....keep dreaming... and back to hard work....perhaphs one day....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Prime example if a little knowledge being dangerous. In this case the poster had just enough knowledge of Harley’s to prove their in idiot.

·
Registered
Pan America Spezial
254 Posts
. Even the first PAS in the fair with 3D printed parts had a chain on.
Onegreyghost i am wondering if you can post some Pictures of the beltdrive or whatever is attached to the rear wheel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.