Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't able to justify the cost of the MadStad Windshield at first, but when I was riding the highway during so heavy wind gusts, my windscreen looked like it was flapping in the wind. I also like a slight tint on the Shiwled with a black bike so I pulled the trigger and have the Med Gray 18" headed my way. J&P was the only place I found that had it in stock.

Secondarily, I also do not believe I will ever go so hard core off road that the stock skid plate wouldn't be able to manage, but after dropping it to add a couple wires to the battery, I realized that things is pretty much worthless. I went with the Camel ADV Gut guard for the looks mainly, but if something does hit me, it will not matter.

I have also started notice little dings in the radiator fins, so I guess I will pay the $50 for a piece of plastic.

·
Registered
2021 Deadwood (OD) Green PanAm, 2007 Pearl Yellow RK Custom
131 Posts
Just when I thought I was satisfied and gonna save some $$ you go and make this write up!😁

Seriously tho I pretty much have same thoughts as you with windshield and "off roading". I haven't looked at my underbelly or radiator so not sure if any "damage" to justify the purchase but I've considered a new/different windshield so I may end up doing same as you. Luckily, it's January and I've got time to decide and shop around as I won't be putting on many mile next couple months.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Put a guard on any motorcycle radiator, street or dirt if it does not have one, just cheap insurance! I've only had one fail, it wasn't able to stop a piece of Re-bar🤔

1 - 3 of 3 Posts