Harley Davidson Pan America Forum banner

Urgent help! Random shutdown in the twisties.

11K views 52 replies 23 participants last post by  cbaggett 
#1 ·
Has anyone had there 22PA shut down while riding like the kill switch was hit? I was riding the canyons and bike died without any cautions while in Mid turn like the kill switch h was hit. No check engine no cautions. Did not see if there was any DTC.

#48 ·
Yes. I'm hitting the same thing. I have an intersection at the house. I pull in the clutch coasting downhill to the right and the bike shuts off. Happened yesterday twice. Once when I was pulling in the drive. I parked the bike, did not turn the switch off and checked for codes. No faults.

#49 ·
Today it happened to me. Freaky experience on a twisty road in the Turkish Taurus mountains with cars around. A "sudden death", no codes. Riding in standard Touring mode. PA is production 11.2021. I am second owner. Bought it 1 month ago with 1000 km done 4 weeks ago. Now done 5000 km. HD dealer installed 4 weeks ago all the latest updates plus the first service interval. I want to have this sorted out because this is very dangerous if it happens on the wrong spot.

#53 ·
Well mine has done it now 7 times, 3 times while in traffic or at a busy intersection....... I have had it since new this May. just under 6k miles and HD still cannot figure this thing out.. gone through all of the usual side stand down...RCM, RearABS no fixes yet... and a fuel pump failure.... we shall see.